• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving to GA

ladywolf

UH-60L Jeep Chick
Hey guys! I'm about to undergo my move to Ft Benning the end of this month. Taking off the 29th or so, heading down thru utah, taking 70 over to denver, then continuing it east till i hit missouri, where i'll start heading south. Would love to see yall along the way. Any tips for travelling thru your area that time of year would be great.

The Mountains were interesting, and so was Anna Ruby Falls in the Chattahoochee NF.

If you decide to hike to where you are going, you may get stopped by the police and asked who you are and where you are going. That happened to me. Nice guy, and we had a nice conversation, but I thought it strange.

Many counties down there are "Dry". Not a drop to be found in sight, or even out of sight.

"Southern Hospitality" does not extend to the roads. Illinois drivers are more courteous :D

Expect to see lots of shacks and trailer homes. The distance between poor and rich seems to be a few bucks.

Winter is a lot less humid!

Last edited:
check us out in the sec when you get to the south! we're glad to have ya!

hey lower idaho/utah/colorado/kansas/oklahoma/missouri/tennessee/georgia folks......... whats the weather doing in your area lately? i'm finalizing up plans and route trip to head that away.

Have fun Rock of the Marne!

Better learn that song.
http://www.warfoto.com/3rdsocietyHistory.htm

Be careful on 70E out of Denver, big storms can kick up there and shut the entire highway down. There isn't much between Denver and Kansas City, well Ft Reily but who wants to stop there.

3id.gif

south east tennesse has been having light sprinkles off and on. cloudy current temp. 63* f., 82% humidity,

Pensacola and the gulf areas have been a nice 70ish the last couple of days. I was TDY in Montgomery for about 6 weeks, there was a cold snap up there where it got to the 40s, but I think it has warmed back up.

The Mountains were interesting, and so was Anna Ruby Falls in the Chattahoochee NF.

If you decide to hike to where you are going, you may get stopped by the police and asked who you are and where you are going. That happened to me. Nice guy, and we had a nice conversation, but I thought it strange.

Many counties down there are "Dry". Not a drop to be found in sight, or even out of sight.

"Southern Hospitality" does not extend to the roads. Illinois drivers are more courteous :D

Expect to see lots of shacks and trailer homes. The distance between poor and rich seems to be a few bucks.

Winter is a lot less humid!

Lived in the south all my life, the DRY counties are few and far between, but there are a lot of places where you cannot buy beer on sundays, that sort of thing. The shacks and trailers are a bit out of wack too, it seemed to be the same distribution as the midwest last time I was there. There are a lot of them, but there are a lot of very wealthy people as well. The Appalachians are very nice, especially If you drive up into NC and TN.

Back