• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving rear sounds bar...wiring?

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well the head liner in the cherokee is starting to look bad, and the liner for the overhead speakers is starting to fall off also, so im going to re-do it all over spring break. i figured while im at it, i want to move the rear sounds bar up towards the front more. i cant hear jack with the doors off

i think (from the thead title) he wants to know what kind of wiring change it'll take. when i did mine, i just ran new wires to the drivers side of the ceiling, down the a-pillar, and to the head unit. the easier way, however, would be to simply splice new wires into the existing harness. i would do one side at a time so you don't end up crossing channels.

EDIT: the existing harness comes up the drivers side of the raer hatch area and then up to the sound bar.

it goes down the sides by the trunk. i added another soundbar right behind then front seats. i ran the wires back and spliced them into the existing rear wires. so if ur gonna move ur rear one forward, then just splice in some longer speaker wire.

bmyohn said:
, then just splice in some longer speaker wire.

That's what I did. JIM.

the wires run up the rear pillar then along the header trim on the side then into the soundbar. i would love to put one im my rig but im broke. anyway, its simple.

Back