• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving from california to arkansas city, kansas

Drftem

NAXJA Forum User
So as the title states in December I will be moving from Northern California to kansas. I have a few questions.... What trails are there around? How difficult is it to find xj parts out there? What 4wheel drive organizations does kansas have?

That is an area that does not have a lot of activity. There is KS Rocks in Ft Scott KS and it is a nice park, there is also the area up by Randolph in northern KS, north of Manhatthan. I think the name is Tuttle Creek ORP. The Kansas City area has plenty of clubs, but a lot of mall crawlers and JK street beat rigs. Things may have changed over the years, but that was about it for when I was out that way.

Cheese "KS is pretty flat out west" Man

sorry, the Midwest is full, we are no longer accepting California refugees on account of you screwing up our states too.

Ark City? Get yourself ready for the mega-culture shock of your friggin life!

You'll be able to eat some of the best steaks and burgers you've ever touched for 1/5 of what you're used to paying. You'll find driveline guys with $60ph shop rates and girls who will believe anything you tell them.

You will also have to order anything invented after about 1985 off of the internet or be prepared to drive 100 miles to buy it in person.

SMORR is 4 hours to the east over past Springfield on 166/44.

Disney OK is about 2.5 hours from you.

Both are fun but I prefer SMORR due to the awesome camping.

Well I made the move. I am now a resident of ark city ks. Looks like I need to finish up a few more projects for my xj then I'll be heading down to Disney to check that place out. It seems like every lifted truck I see is a mudder. People seemed shocked when I tell them I'm not forthe mud I prefer rock crawling...... Culture shock yea kinda ( I'm ex military). I've been to many different locations. Not enjoying the colder winter tho......

Digging up an old but relevant post. Considering a move from Va to KS in a year (started out wheeling in SoCal) and wanted to check on wheeling in KS (a factor in moving). Born and raised in Lawrence so I figured it would be slim pickens. Guess a trailer and long tows to CO will be order? Tell me its not so!!!

John

Back