• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mounting hydraulic assist ram

mattk

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone with hydraulics mounted the ram to the diff cover? I have a 1/4" plate steel cover from Bluetorch so it would be easy to weld to, but my question is will it leak? Anyone have experience or problems with this?
TIA
mattk

tons of people do it, especially with aftermarket covers, and I haven't heard anyone have any problems (at least that they have admitted to)

i would do it, and just make a regular practice of making sure the bolts are nice and tight before and after wheeling.

I'm working my 44 front now and have sort of the same question. Where to put the RAM. With a full detroit up front seems a ram would be the best solution, If one can get it squeezed in.

Derik

Here another idea for you, it works out great for me.

-- Dean --

XJ%20front.JPG

Yeah that was my other option. My steering will be a little different. It will be an inverted T setup using TREs (don't get me started on heims). I have a d44 with a damn near identical trac bar mount. The drag link will mount to the tie rod at a spot right in front of the spring on the pass side. This is mounted on high steer arms. I may end up mounting the ram just under the tie rod.
Is that the redneck ram setup? Are you happy with it?
mattk

Back