• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mountain Bikers

SKIM said:
shomsky, that is a grat pic have you ever been to northstare tahoe in the summer for the downhill trails?

two summers ago i went to northstar like 13 times or something. im very farmiliar with all of their trails and everything. last summer sucked ass cause they closed their riding season because they were building a ritz carlton hotel and they didnt want any distractions or something(they explain it on their website) so i was pretty bummed out cause there really isnt anywhere else to ride extreme DH like that anywhere else unless its like a race or something.

I go up there once a year and never wana leave,it's a great place to ride and you don't have to ride up hills:party: I hate riden up hills.

Last edited:
DSC00089-1.jpg

'01 Specialized Rockhopper Pro

I gotta upgrade the fork bigtime this year, probably with a Rock Shox Reba. And the way the brakes have been working lately I'll probably have to replace those too.

Forget that newfangled stuff, go retro!

rossma5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1986 Ross Mt. Rainier, with various updates such as aluminum fork, clipless pedals, replacement of "BMX" style handlebar, inverted tread tires. Not for single track of course, but this is the ideal dirt road and back road bike. Back when this was made, geometry was a bit different. The frame is way too long and low for trail riding, but you can cruise for hours and it's geared down to 19 inches, which means you can literally burn rubber on a steep hill.

matt6669 said:
Not my exact pictures but along the same lines

1046-1.jpg

Same bike, but mine is in orange :)

Also have a Greg Lemond Buenos Aires road bike as well but can't seem to find a picture of it.

But thats quite the nice bike you have there, a little too ballsy for me, never really got into the downhill thing. The thought of my body just tumbling down the side of a mountain was enough for me to say no thanks.

I usually do XC and road riding but lately I haven't been doing any b/c of stupid work. Now with this warm weather its time to get back out there.
I ride the same thing in blue. Klien Palimino.

yup its a good bike, I like it a lot. Wish i could get out on it more. It seems everytime I have time to ride a bike, I take out the road bike its weird. I use to only mtb ride and then I was looking into road bikes. And I'm pretty good friends with the guy at the local bike shop he's like man you get a road bike all your gonna want to do is ride the road. I'm like no way and its weird b/c thats what happened. I hope to make some trips on the mtb this summer we'll see.

rock rash said:
Yeti 303 with fox 40 front...
n19226249_31765824_4479.jpg

nice 303. when i was in utah for a norba race the yeti team was there and they had just come out with the 303. its pretty much the craziest frame geometry anyones ever come up with. thats sick though.

who you ride for?

oh yeah and rock rash... nice coordinates. heineken

Last edited:
SKIM said:
i wish i could do no hands.

Shoot. I can do that on my beast all day long. Man up dude, man up!

Hale

Shomsky462 said:
nice 303. when i was in utah for a norba race the yeti team was there and they had just come out with the 303. its pretty much the craziest frame geometry anyones ever come up with. thats sick though.

who you ride for?

oh yeah and rock rash... nice coordinates. heineken
Yeah, i Had a Rocky Mountain RMX and a Diamondback Assault. They were chained in the back of my friends truck while I was in steamboat, went to go get them and they were gone...good thing i insured them and got 7k for them

I got to build my dream bike piece by piece. Unfortunatly, they kept pushing back the production of the 303 so I built The DOC first to play on. Finally I was able to get the 303. It is amazing. I ride for Colo State University freeride team. Let me see if I can find more pics from that trip

248757253.jpg

Old school P-flex 957

Its got a Race Face crank, XTR/Sram 9.0SL, Kooka Racha levers and oh yeah, bar ends

I also have a purple Mongoose IBOC with a Rock Shox mag 21

I've had a P-flex beast with Magura hydro brakes and a chubby triple clamp and well as a Specialized stumpjumper w/ the original RS Sids and a polished Specialized FSR XC, Sold that to get my first XJ

Back