• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motorcycles anyone?

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just bought this a week and a half ago and have already put a little over 600 miles on her, the Jeep is being neglected to say the least. Its a 05 Honda CBR 600RR, what are you guys riding around on?
3674767618_e080dd6708_b-1.jpg

3673957983_cd8ba848a7_b.jpg

I hear ya about neglecting the Jeep, I just started riding this summer. 2003 Suzuki Volusia 805. I actually drove past the grocery store on my way home zoned out from the commute, remembered we needed milk, got home and took the bike to the store because I could.

Here's my old bike...
'02 CBR954RR, bought it new in '03. Sold it in '08 with 6k on it (90% of those miles were on hwy 9, 35, 84, 1). Spent lots of times in the twisties... Dropped it once hit a rock about the size of a softball in my neighborhood. Broke my rib but little damage to the bike (new side fairing and muffler was it!)
954_home.jpg

That's my only street bike at least. I've had a ton of dirt bikes to say the least, actually looking to pick up a dual sport now, so that I can commute on and hit up the trails with.

I gave up the rockets about 10 years ago, too many tickets and now ride a Honda VT1100 Shadow. I still ride with a group of Rockets, and am usually in front. My pace is good enough to keep it safe and fast enough for the Rockets to have to work to Keep up, with out having to drag knees. Yes they are faster than me I top at only 130 mph, but I only need to stop for food and gas. A 200 mile ride to me is just a tease, I put 15000 on my bike last year alone, without using it for going to work.

Not mine, but same.
2002-Honda-VT1100C-ShadowSpirita.jpg

Been riding off & on since age 14... presently have a little Ninja 250 with upgraded brakes, suspension & tires. Fun, but not really doing it for me anymore. (Lawn tractors have more HP & torque these days)

Looking at getting either a Buell XB12R Firebolt, a Triumph Street Triple R, or a XB12XT in the next 6 mo or so (better deals in mid-winter)

My sensible part likes the 'sport-tour' aspect of the XT, the auditioning for a spot on Faces Of Death Part XIII part wants a 'rocket' as 93gc40 puts it. I'm back to 145# and as limber as I've ever been, so riding a sportbike won't be as awful as it would have been a few months & 30# ago... One cool aspect of the Buell R, is tossing the tail section & bags from the XT is a simple, bolt-on deal.

After two Harleys many years ago, I doubt I could ever go there again, the HD & clone poser 'scene' these days disgusts me. OTOH according to the current stats, it's a Darwin award rich community, and self limiting.

I got my sons Zuki Marauder to run around on, backpack with laptop and dlt backup tapes that I do daily, 50mpg, now that the rain seems to have stopped for few days I'll be using that daily like I am today.

I'm jealous of those CBR's! VERY NICE. I've always wanted an all white CBR, I just think they look so clean like that. My first bike was an 04 ninja 250, But I sold it last year.

l_82ac2beb630715c9cba70cb9bd0fbf6e.jpg

I think if I were to buy another bike it would be a White CBR, or a buell lightning XB12Scg

2007-buell-lightning-xb12-3-1_460x0w.jpg

After two Harleys many years ago, I doubt I could ever go there again, the HD & clone poser 'scene' these days disgusts me. OTOH according to the current stats, it's a Darwin award rich community, and self limiting.

Come on. I ride HD and most of my friends do also. Nothing wrong with a growing number of Harleys on the road. Poser? Is that what you call the non-1%??
They are great, american made (for the most part) bikes. Maybe a little pricey tho...

Come on. I ride HD and most of my friends do also. Nothing wrong with a growing number of Harleys on the road. Poser? Is that what you call the non-1%??
They are great, american made (for the most part) bikes. Maybe a little pricey tho...

A 'little' I consider $400 for a $200 helmet with a $200 harley logo a bit more then a little pricey...

Up 'til about a month ago, I was on a Concours (not the new 1400, the old 1000). Very utilitarian bike, somewhat like a Jeep you might say, except for the total lack of ORV abilities!

Really needed the XJ though, so I sold her. I'll have another, very fun bike. Take everything but the kitchen sink on tour with ya, and still flog it like a sportbike!

2840265080059102062S500x500Q85.jpg

Last edited:
My other ride...
100_0482.jpg

I neglect my Heep now too.. damn bike!! :( Oh, it's a Honda NT650 Hawk GT. Single Sided Swing Arm, aluminum frame, 650 v-twin, "naked bike", cult classic.. I love it!

575771800_SSw8L-XL.jpg

584509009_frrSx-XL.jpg

Upgrades include: Gold Valve emulators, progressive springs, GSXR brake caliper, EBC floating disk, M4 full exhaust, jet kit, Fox shock, Corbin seat, Targa fairing, frame sliders, roller bearings in steering head, Eastern Beaver upgraded headlight wiring harness, IPF H4 Magic bulb, Joe Rocket Hammerhead tank bag, AXIO hardpack tail bag, custom rear fender delete with LED turn signals, etc.

Last edited:
I neglect my Heep now too.. damn bike!! :( Oh, it's a Honda NT650 Hawk GT. Single Sided Swing Arm, aluminum frame, 650 v-twin, "naked bike", cult classic.. I love it!

575771800_SSw8L-XL.jpg

584509009_frrSx-XL.jpg

Upgrades include: Gold Valve emulators, progressive springs, GSXR brake caliper, EBC floating disk, M4 full exhaust, jet kit, Fox shock, Corbin seat, Targa fairing, frame sliders, roller bearings in steering head, Eastern Beaver upgraded headlight wiring harness, IPF H4 Magic bulb, Joe Rocket Hammerhead tank bag, AXIO hardpack tail bag, custom rear fender delete with LED turn signals, etc.
What's up with the tape?

Those are nice looking Sport bikes!

I think the nicest bike I had was a 81' Yamaha Maxim 750. That inline 4 really hauled, and the bike was smooth. The 55mpg with me and the old lady wasn't hard to take either :D Sold it to do a down payment on a house :(

Current ride is a 83' Honda XL600. The bike is neither fast or agile, but I guess that's a dual sport for you...

-Ron

Last edited:
I like off-roading. Thats why I have a Jeep and "had" this...........

CO45.jpg

No longer have the bike.
crybaby.gif

I do have a reminder of the bike though........

3.jpg

4.jpg

2006 Ninja 250. Bought it used in '06 with 600 miles on it for $2,500 with a helmet. Best commuter bike I've ever owned. Gets an honst 65 MPG and has plenty of room for my gym bag.

2006-Kawasaki-Ninja250Rd.jpg

Just picked up my first bike 2 weeks ago today. It looks like this but not half as clean:
klr250_03.jpg

'03 KLR 250 with 6k on the clock.

I wanted something light enough that I can easily recover from my noob riding mistakes and slow enough that I shouldn't be tempted to do anything incredibly stupid on the road. I think it fits the bill perfectly for that so far.

$7/month insurance and 60+mpg doesn't hurt either...

If/when i move up it'll be to a sport/touring bike, but still way under 1000cc.

The waggy will be put up for sale soon, one of the toys needs to go.

Tape would be for Track Days, in the event of a kicked up stone you wont have broken glass on the track. Thats what I've always seen it for.

Back