• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motion to post the Chapter Bylaws

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
As it reads. We should have the chapter Bylaws posted that governs our chapter.

No you can't!

This doesn't need a motion, I'll post them tonight.

One interesting point to add is that as far as I know we operate under the original by laws we adopted. There was never a change made when I was president and I got no hits on by laws searching the SoCal BOD forum.

I will post them in a separate thread and make it a sticky.

Thanks Geoff.

The Bylaws need to be updated as you pointed out some issues. Can the bod clean these up and make them current?

Also, the national bod must approve any changes so re adopting national Bylaws would be a quick way to update them

Last edited:
I was wrong when I said we adopted national's bylaws in 2003. After looking at that I remember the rest of the story now. We edited them to what I posted because at the time national's bylaws required owning an XJ/MJ and either being a paid member or personally sponsored by a paid member to attend any official events, I've never felt those two rules were right for a club like NAXJA.

I'll have to take a look at the national bylaws again and we'll see what we do. It's been a long time since I've sat down and read them.

I hate reading legal shit, you owe me beer now??

I'll have to take a look at the national bylaws again and we'll see what we do. It's been a long time since I've sat down and read them.

Ummm..... just a dumb question.... shouldn't the Chapter BOD be leading this effort??? Why haven't we seen a post from the Chapter President here yet??

Ummm..... just a dumb question.... shouldn't the Chapter BOD be leading this effort??? Why haven't we seen a post from the Chapter President here yet??

Not a dumb question at all. I just can't help it, but :roflmao::moon:

Lol.

They are not full of legal crap that makes it hard to read....actually easy to read. Ask Derek for help with any of the big words. ! :D !

I guess they've changed a litlte since Eagle went to town on them.

Yup......we needed to dumb it down for XJ owners :gee:

Back