• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Monkeybars Offroad rear bumper/carrier

Shit attitude, really?

I agreed with your idea for the future and stated that.
I also said that I'll see how it goes and change things if needed.
There's also some over reaction going on here.

Last edited:
Well, whatever guys. I can tell you this, I just picked it up and got home and it is nowhere near a PIA to get in the hatch. It's really not much different than a swing out carrier. Which you couldn't use with a trailer on either.

There's plenty of room around it when it's on the ground. It's a lot more functional that I thought it was going to be. I was worried when he was building it. I'm not after seeing and using it.

I was able to open the tire carrier on my old bumper with any trailer I ever had hitched.

Btw I like the design and the rub rails, I just don't know about lifting a heavy cooler into the trunk with that tire and bar in the way

Yeah, I was concerned when we were talking about the design. I sure didn't want to be tripping over it and falling on my face, but like I said it is much better than I thought. Even once I saw the pics, I was still feeling the same as you guys, but like a lot of things, it's much different in person. I'm not worried about it anymore.

EDIT:

I was also trying to envision this with a trailer. The 2 trailers I would use both have long tongues on them so I think I could still drop this down onto the tongue and have access. IDK, I'll find out soon I guess.

Last edited:
Back