• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Mongo only pawn in game of life...."

Indeed. A great, funny guy. Loved him in his comedy roles. :thumbup:

"No! Mongo straight!"

We're losing the good ones, and we're stuck with the new ones that just aren't worth a damn...
I've got a 30th anniversary DVD of "Blazing Saddles" There's an interview with Mel Brooks included. He talks about how it would be impossible to make that movie today.
Pretty funny considering how bad some of the crap is they churn out now. You can show a person being flayed alive, or literally torn apart,.. but try standing on a rooftop and yelling, "The Sheriff's a nigBOOONNNNG."

I've got a 30th anniversary DVD of "Blazing Saddles" There's an interview with Mel Brooks included. He talks about how it would be impossible to make that movie today.
Pretty funny considering how bad some of the crap is they churn out now. You can show a person being flayed alive, or literally torn apart,.. but try standing on a rooftop and yelling, "The Sheriff's a nigBOOONNNNG."

Mel Brooks got away with it as long as he did because nothing was sacred to him!

The only movie maker who could turn the Spanish Inquisition into a musical number, with a Jew as Tomas de Torquemada...

I like to think he's got one in the can somewhere, to be released after he dies. "Mel Brooks' Last Laugh" - it would be the one he made with no inhibitions whatsoever.

It's just a pity that we've gotten such thin skin as a people. But, who else but a Jew could get away with "Springtime for Hitler"?

Back