• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

money, money, money, money!!!

92jeeper said:
problem is, I am 20 and can't build. So, I don't mind spending the money if it is handed to me. I like the one from BPI. Anyone use it yet? What do you think? How is the latch system? Keep the info coming please. Thanks
Tylor
CRASH said:
Three words:

welder, welder, welder.

You can get a Hobart 175 to your door for under $600 bones. Once you have it, you'll realize that every Jeep should leave the lot with a welder in the back as standard equipment.

CRASH

Spending a day in CRASH's garage inspired me to get a welder. I bought a Hobart 175 within the same week and have not been able to put it down. I just finished building differential guards for both my D44s and it cost me a total of $6.00. Get a welder you will thank us when you do.

Every Jeep owner should have a welder, PERIOD.

P.S. 20? I am 19 and am confident in fabricating anything for my Jeep, it is all about the tools you have... the knowledge comes with practice.

92jeeper said:
I have been in 3 accidents in 3 weeks, none of which were my fault
How about a big refleflective sign with lights, and tasle that says "I'm here, don't hit me"?

M. Lake said:
I want these, second one down.

hell yeah dude, if I didnt have custom ones, c4x4 would be getting my $$$ for those :D

I like the way they hug the body, not like using 2x6 steal and using it for a running board as well. I have damage to the doors and rockers because i like to squese through, and the runners would just hang me up where I have aquired the damage from. Only loosing minamal clearence with the tube style, but worth it.

As far as liscence plate relocation,
I rigged mine using the original plastic front licence plate holder that had been sitting around for some time. I trimmed it to fit neatly on the arm of my swingout with some holes to zip tie it in place, I found a liscence plate light on the bottom shelf at Auto Zone for 9 bucks, and used some scrap aluminum in the garage to fab a mount for it. To install I bolted the bracket and light to the plate holder, placed the zip ties in position as they are hidden under the liscence plate when installed, bolted on the liscence plate, then zip tied the whole contraption tight to the swingout. Ran the wires through near the passenger tail light. turned out better than expected!

Back