• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab April 2004 pictures link

Great photos, Dan.

I saved a few from B-----r A---y. They were different views from what I had.

I hope we can do it again next year. Maybe we can hit some other trails too.

Nice pics Dan. Thanks for the tour of BA, the timing couldn't have been better, just beat the storm. After we split with you guy's a couple of us ran up to the Lasalles' and played in the snow, about three to four feet deep. it made for a really neat day.
Looks like you ran Cliffhanger, I think thats one of my favorite trails around Moab. Just enough in the way of obstacles to make it fun and the scenery is fantastic.
Where the hell was that motel?! I want to put that on my NEVER list. TC

I wish that was Cliffhanger...that is actually Killer Kane, makes Cliffhanger look like a drive to the local supermarket. One mistake and it's bye-bye. :skull2:
I am never going there again, unless threatened!
Heheh

Hey Dan,
What is that buggy and military tow rig?
Could you get me some more info on that thing.
You guys look like a paramilitary group.
Nice pics.

Hey Big Country
Yes, he's an old friend of mine, Soni Honegger, he designed and built the Scorpion. He won Top Truck Challenge with it a few years back, just blew everybody away. That rig is really the "first" rock buggy, built years before the Sniper and others who followed. It has fully adjustable air bags (9" height changes, separately front and back), a Cummins turbodiesel, Dana 60s, Atlas case, etc, etc. One amazing rig.
His "little" tow rig is an M920, a rare one too. He built the trailer and added a communications shell from another military rig which fit perfectly behind the cab of the truck.
We sort-of are a military group, all veterans from one Op or another. Once in a while we bring out to Moab some big guns to shoot. I mean big, long-barreled guns that hit targets 1000+ yards away or more, if you can shoot that well! We know of a few cool places far from everybody that we can use and not scare anyone.
Sorry I went off topic.

Killer Kane is amazing, and scary. I may go there with you guys next time...shucks, here I go again... :scared:

While we were there we explored an old uranium mine (you may have seen the pictures of our Geiger counter pegged while in the tunnels!). This uranium mine comes out on the other side of the mountain, really cool. I found an old box of very unstable dynamite (there's a picture of it in the files)...I actually hit it with my foot in the dark, that's how I found it!

Thanks a load to Dan and OneLove for the info.
I see the sleeping quarters on the trailer, but what is in the comm. hut behind the tank hauler.
Also, is that thing still 24v?
What is the engine in that thing?
Also, does Soni have another scorpion?
The article posted said that this was the deisel version.
Way impressive, not to take anything away from either of your rigs.
Thanks!

Sweet! That is awsome Dan! Good images too. Got any more of the Tank Hauler? I hatted you did not get in TTC this year I really wanted to see you kick some tail! It's too bad most people who read the mags have no clue about XJ's!

TC said:
Looks like I'm gonna have to put Kane on the must do list next trip, looks pretty cool. TC
Mega dittos, Tim. Maybe we should just set up the same group for Kane next year.

too bad u guys aren't still in fayetteville... need a good offroad shop like 4play was back in the day. :bawl:

Back