• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MOAB 2013...30th anniversary

RaNeil we did do Geyser Pass... ask Rich about no doors ;)

I did it Tuesday (before the bulk of the snow).

Ask me about summer gear...

Geyser+Pass+Road+-+06.jpg

RaNeil we did do Geyser Pass... ask Rich about no doors ;)

Yeah, I bet that was fun.

It was only after I got home and looked at pictures that I realized the La Sals had virtually no snow on them when we got there. But by mid-week, it was a different story.

Tuesday

IMG_7285.jpg

Thursday

IMG_7622.jpg

Come to think of it, the snow wasn't the only change of scenery that happened while we were there.

We hit the color change almost perfectly. There were FAR more yellow trees when we left than when we arrived.

Notice the one on the far left is just beginning to change.

IMG_8303.jpg

last day there the Gov of the state opened the National parks so we were able to make a quick trip through Arches... glad the others with us were able to at leas see it!!!

http://s462.photobucket.com/user/xjintx/slideshow/Moab 2013

Yeah, we really got lucky -- and for a day or two, Utah's were the only National Parks in the country that were open. We did Elephant Hill on Saturday, and it is entirely inside Canyonlands NP. I think we only saw two other vehicles the entire day. It was awesome.

Then we drove around Arches NP for a half-day on Sunday before starting home.

Man, I'm so ready to go back... Moab ROCKS.

More Moab Pics :D

It was good to meet some over you guys. I am glad to hear you guys had a good time. If you don't remember me I lead hell's revenge on Tuesday. I love moab and I glad I live close. HAHAHA.

On the Colorado... guide was with Moab Adventures. We took a break from wheeling on Wednesday. Put in about 45 minute drive north of town.

On the Colorado... guide was with Moab Adventures. We took a break from wheeling on Wednesday. Put in about 45 minute drive north of town.

So you booked the trip in town, huh? Did they transport you to/from the put-in, or did you drive yourself?

We did the river rafting thing in the Royal Gorge years ago, and it was fantastic.

Looks like y'all had a blast! :cheers:

There are more outfitters there but we used them. Yes, they take you to the put in point and pick you up at the take out and bring you back. The full day trip they provide a lunch at the break point.

A local photographer goes out to the last WW point and takes these pictures. I had a waterproof camera with me but could not get any action shots.

I actually prefer Red River Outfitters but they closed 1 Oct for the rafting season. Most of the guides head to the Ski lodges for winter jobs,

There are more outfitters there but we used them. Yes, they take you to the put in point and pick you up at the take out and bring you back. The full day trip they provide a lunch at the break point.

A local photographer goes out to the last WW point and takes these pictures. I had a waterproof camera with me but could not get any action shots.

I actually prefer Red River Outfitters but they closed 1 Oct for the rafting season. Most of the guides head to the Ski lodges for winter jobs,

Thanks for the info. It will no doubt come in handy.

It's a good thing you brought your hilift Patrick since I was there to hold your jeep up for you with my brute strength. You know...like last time.

Back