• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MM hub conversion MADNESS!!!!

98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Got it installed, no problems or complications. T-drove, brk pedal pulsating like craze!!! I thought pressed hub and rotor crooked...Got it all apart re-pressed hub/rotor back together(made sure no gap in between) - re-installed all back on truck. Still pulsating.. Looked at the caliper (LF side) and there is a lot of movement when spinning tire....SOB I thought! Could manufacturers make dicent parts?! That pissed me off big time. I am gonna take rotor to my shop and turn that SOB ....
Hope that will cure it!
Pit.....

98XJ said:
Got it installed, no problems or complications. T-drove, brk pedal pulsating like craze!!! I thought pressed hub and rotor crooked...Got it all apart re-pressed hub/rotor back together(made sure no gap in between) - re-installed all back on truck. Still pulsating.. Looked at the caliper (LF side) and there is a lot of movement when spinning tire....SOB I thought! Could manufacturers make dicent parts?! That pissed me off big time. I am gonna take rotor to my shop and turn that SOB ....
Hope that will cure it!
Pit.....

New rotor?

Rev

"Pressed" hub and rotor?

How does that kit work? The rotor is a press fit on the hub? Are you certain the center hole in the rotor was machined out to the correct diameter?

U have to press wheel studs

Which clamp hub and rotor together...There should be no gap in between or wheel will wobble!!!
You could go +- .015 of an inch either way when machining pilot hole in the rotor's flange. MIne was .005 larger (there is no tight fit between hub and rotor)
I machined rotor and it looks like there is not much of a play right now (can barely see movement in caliper) also it sounds a lot better when I spin tire...smother...
Test drive will tell....

Can't PM you for some reason.... ?

Anyway, I was wondering where you got the rotors? I have this kit sitting in my garage and was going to get the rotors locally but am having a hell of a time finding the .25" thick ones...

Wheel studs get pressed in and the hub/rotor are clamped by the lug nuts?

Special tools or anything I should know about before I get started ... assuming I ever get the dang rotors....

I got them from PartsPLus (ask for the cheapest ones)

They are usually cast iron. I bought RAYMOND.
Cast iron rotors should not be more that 25 bucks a piece!!!
Also you can get them at NAPAONLINE.COM
they like 22 buck each....
You will see the difference when you see them....SHINY -NOT GRAY color....

SHOP PRESS snap ring pliers and D44 Hub nut socket!!!

YOu could use washer (big one) and spare lug nuts to run down studs. Hub has smaller hole than rotor and when you press studs in rotor gets clamped by those two....DO NOT USE BFH TO BANG STUDS INTO HUB you might damage stud and unevenly seat hub and rotor.

Don't use the cheapie raybestos. Do exactly what MM reccommends. Get the WAGNERS.

It running like a dream! NO MORE VIBES!!!!

Havent tried it on the trail....but gonna do it pretty soon...
LF rotor was worped (bad casting) had to machine .060 off of it...Now its all good...

Back