• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ values?

If you think of the value of the engine, tranny, transfer case, axles, and tires that all move? Yeah, it's worth a grand.

Ever part out a stock Renix era MJ/XJ? Unless you have a D44 or AMC20 the entire drive train would sell for about $500 and the you have to figure in your time pulling it all and selling it.

which is pretty funny, because you can do a 4wd swap for cheap.
driveshaft: 20 bucks
d30: 100 bucks max
transfer case: 50-100
transmission: 50-150

and cut your rear driveshaft down. It's a one weekend project.

think i over payed for my MJ

$700 got me a 88, SWB, 4.0 (running on 5 cyl, burnt valve), 4x4, d44. body in good condition, except it was from the east coast so it has rust. i knew this, and made the mistake of buying it anyway because what i could see at the time wasn't that bad (PO had it in a dark parking stall, couldn't see everything). :doh: on top of that it had out of state registration. yeah, more $$$ just to register the damn thing. battling the rust is terrible

in hindsight, definitely would've held out for something else, although its hard to find any MJ cheaper than $1000 out here

Yours actually looks quite nice compared to mine. Definitely a 700 dollar truck on this side of the country, maybe even more with the right buyer.

From $400:

MJ1.jpg

$4,500

2011-12-20_07-34-29_270.jpg

To $18,000: (Riiight)

2012-01-11_16-19-20_87.jpg

Rust is rarely an issue here. If anything the floors usually have some holes but the whole trucks aren't eat up... But these trucks are difficult to find in good shape.

Back