• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ spring length?

106010799.jpg

106010805.jpg

106010807.jpg

The stupid battery died on me so if you'd like a different angle, it'll have to wait till tomorrow, sorry. I'm thinking of popping off a tire for a sideways pic for my website anyway so if you wnat anything more just lemme know. If you haven't seen my stuff: www.picturetrail.com/petermontie there's a few more pics of the suspension there.
Jeep on!
--Pete

Thanks for the pics...one of the spring with the wheel off would be cool too, especially if you are already doing it for some other reason.

Pete M said:
I had to double up the main leaf in mine to counteract the rollbar/bumper/etc and even then they are just about flat.

Got kitchen sink?

You should see what he carries with him...

Oh yeah? And what would *you* bring along on a 3 week / 3000 mile wheelin'/camping trip? :laugh3:
The spring shots will have to wait till tomorrow. I spent too much time on that S-10 and ran out of daylight. :(
car-part.com might help out finding leaf packs.
Jeep on!
--Pete

106470150.jpg

No problemo. :D
For the record, the bumpstops are placed where they are in order to protect my shocks, which are too short but I don't have the funds to get what I want. There's even more up-travel available from the springs. More down-travel available too, as once again, the shocks are the limiting factor.
Jeep on!
--Pete
103750935.jpg

FYI (you prolly already know this) you can get mroe travel from a too-short shock by leaning it over. The more you lean it, the more travel you can get. Then all it costs is a little fab time.
Granted, it reduces the efficiency of the shocks, but hey, we aint indy racing rihgt?

Yeah I know, but I really REALLY want to pop holes up through the bed and mount some long-travel MX-6 shocks to the rollbar. :D I was happy enough with what I had and I didn't do anything crazy enough that the front minispool and rear posi couldn't pull me through. :D (I still had to drive 1500 miles home after Moab.)
Jeep on!
--Pete

Back