• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Missoula MT

Native Band

NAXJA Forum User
So I have rented a trailer in Bonner, start the school on the 26th of Aug. Sophomore at UM. Non traditional student, 49 yrs old.
Would I be considered to be in the NW chapter or the inter-mountain chapter? And anybody down for showing me some trails in the Missoula area when I get there? Mid Aug.
88 MJ Chief 4" lift still spring under, 4.10s LSD rear, LL front, AX-15 external, JCR rear bumper, Front brush guard, 31 10 tread wright guard dogs, big booster upgrade, closed system conversion, Le Baron vents, buckets and console conversion, nice interior resto....
All built or fabricated by me.

http://montanabackroads.org/

That is the website for the local Missoula club. Willy Worthy is the backbone of that club, is one hell of a nice guy, and is more than willing to show you around the local trails. He also has a book out: http://www.montana4x4trails.com/home and is currently working on a second book for the western half of the state. I live in Helena and affiliate with the Intermountain Chapter, just because it's quicker to get to Salt Lake than Seattle (the nucleus of each chapter).

Welcome to Montana. :cheers:

I used to live right up the road from you in Clinton.

I miss that area a lot. I think you could fit in either chapter but are probably closer to what goes on in the NWC.

Thanks for the info, and been in MT for over 20 yrs, just on the eastern part of the state. My friends say "why Missoula its so far away" well because I lived in Bozeman before and I wanted to wheel the western side of the state even more.

I've got that book. Pretty informative. The directions are a bit skidish since there are no maps to back them up, but well written and just reading it was educational. I've only talked to Willy via email. Seems like a warm person.

Bozeman, nice place, but it seemed there was no info on trails. I did do one and I documented it in the Adventure Forum. Nice trail, not difficult, scenic.
May get back that way sometime.

I should have traveled North and West a bit more (so I would have got to use the book!).

Back