• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

missing, backfire and done??

ryan7839

NAXJA Forum User
ya i was heading down the road the jeep starts missing and then backfires, then dies. it will crank fine, just kinda fast. and it doesnt seem to be getting any spark any suggestions??

Did you check to make sure it wasnt getting any spark? If it truley isnt, check your CPS, Usually you can get back on the road by unhooking it cleaning the connection and putting it back on. If you dont know what CPS is do a search, you will have more reading than you can imagine.

ryan7839 said:
ya i was heading down the road the jeep starts missing and then backfires, then dies. it will crank fine, just kinda fast. and it doesnt seem to be getting any spark any suggestions??
Timing chain slipped or broke. That's why it's spinning fast now.

ya the more i have talked to people and tried it again the day after i think its teh chain, stupid question, but am i gonna have to pull the motor to replace it or, so it just be a few accessories off the front?

Back