• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Miss the good old (new) days. Who's gonna do it?

I'm sure i could talk my boss into letting us use my grounds, but I am a little far west for most of you folks.

It's a ways out East man, you can't even smell the ocean from there!

I had no idea who most people were at the last Rancho M&G. I think a M&G at a house or someone's shop like Andy suggested would allow people to mingle a bit more and get to know each other better.

I think we shold have a M&G at my shop!
But all you city boyz would snivvle about the drive.

:D

I think we shold have a M&G at my shop!
But all you city boyz would snivvle about the drive.

:D
M & G or build party so you can finish the dam buggy!

Also i have never felt left out all you have to do is get involved in a conversation, and it takes off from there!, i have made a lot of new friends rick, matty, cal, drew, jonny, ken, and i have only been a member for 8 months, get involved and things will happen and new friends will be made.

I would be willing to have a party/m &g / build party.Im loctaed in simi valley ca, plus we have a full saloon with ice maker,shuffelboard,darts,card table,plenty of tools air compressor, all the goodies and plenty of parking.

\
l_f90c599f53fe4de59c17348c5f40c497.jpg

See Cal. This is the attitude that makes me say "screw this place".

I can call up some bro's and chill. I'd call Crazyjim, SoCalBilll, you, Ben, grimm, Tony, Brendan, Cory, EVEN Bryce. That wouldn't help the new people or the group in general it would just create another "clique" and what good would that do. Do you know what I have put into this place? Free parts, MANY lift partys, you name it. and yes, I know you have too. My point is, the "leadership" needs to try to schedule some of these so people know they can get some face time with them and give/get feedback in general.

Andy,
I honestly think that last sentance you wrote is a great one. I can tell you all, I wheeled the slow and the fast, I had great people such as Andy and many other help me instal many of my different iterations of my lift. As a matter of fact, one of the NAXJA memebers installed my lift on my bronco (which has 2 more cylinders that all your punk a$$ 4.0s hahahah).

Anyways, this sums it up:
"the "leadership" needs to try to schedule some of these so people know they can get some face time with them and give/get feedback in general"

Who ever wins the presidency, this needs to be their focus..... trust me when I say, I think the rest will come if you all do this!

If you want a meet and greet, i have 5 acres to park in..Yea i know palm springs is a long ways..But in a 1 min drive we are off roading..My garage is small, one car. It is always open to help folks out

If you want a meet and greet, i have 5 acres to park in..Yea i know palm springs is a long ways..But in a 1 min drive we are off roading..My garage is small, one car. It is always open to help folks out

id be down. palm springs/desert is close compared to all the other M&G's. (then again who the hell lives in 29 palms). maybe if i met you all presonally i could redeem myself from last years Goatfest.

but seriously more M&G's would be awesome. its very rare i see any naxja/cherokee/jeep enthusiasts out here. everyone seems to be into fake pre-runners and f-350's on 22's. so being around and talking with people that actually know what a "rig" is would be nice

-Shomsky

i agree being part of a baja bug club, desert racing and here meeting new people is hard at a place where you know noone! My wife and i went up to azusa with a bunch of you guys a few weekends ago! a ton of fun! my wife and i were at a table at jack in the box and eating everyone that knew someone showed up and sat on the otherside of the resturant. (we were early) it took me moving my jeep next to everyone elses ( i was the first jeep there) to start a conversation. i know its hard but a new guy doesnt want to make a bad impression. i would know im good at that! we all need to make a effort to say hi im desertrunner aka chad!

my .02

EVEN Bryce.
:clap:

I understand what you're saying Andy, but that's how I got to know so many SoCal Chapter people. I walked right up to them and introduced myself. To some people- I can be a bit "outspoken". Which unfortunately- some people were put off by it(meh). But to the people that got to know me- they know I'd take a bullet for them. It was my buddy Tyler who got me into NAXJA and he didn't even own an XJ. The fact of the matter is that the old days are gone, so we can only reminisce about them now. In my humble opinion- our best best would be to take what we've learned and try not to make the same mistakes twice. Some of the best times I've had with you XJ kooks is at Grants place, or taking spending the better part of a weekend in Andy's driveway(even though Lily hates me). The reason that the BSC is so strong is because we are truly all friends. Some of you will scoff at this statement- but NAXJA could learn a lot from the BSC.....

Back