• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mishimoto radiator for XJ?

JB Weld will work if you can give it a surface to hold onto and if you are able to completely encase the damaged area. If its just a pinhole maybe you can drill it out and spread epoxy over both sides so that it won't move. If its actually a crack, probably won't work unless you cut the whole crack and fill it.

JB Weld will work if you can give it a surface to hold onto and if you are able to completely encase the damaged area. If its just a pinhole maybe you can drill it out and spread epoxy over both sides so that it won't move. If its actually a crack, probably won't work unless you cut the whole crack and fill it.

it is a mere pinhole just South of the upper hose inlet on the side of the radiator tank; if I shine a light up through the XJ grill behind the pssgr headlight, I can see a small jet of coolant . I will try a temp patch to help her make it thru the week. Fortunately it has cooled -weather-wise- around here and it isn't releasing all of the coolant so even a lame temporary patch should hold until I get back from the NW U.S. a week from today and can fix this . Thanks, ehall....
have a good weekend everyone

the JB weld probably isn't gonna stick.

I have used loctite marine epoxy to temp patch a honda radiator. it held up for the 2 weeks i needed it to and I used it to glue a broken plastic end tank back together. it was far more than a pinhole.

the JB weld probably isn't gonna stick.

I have used loctite marine epoxy to temp patch a honda radiator. it held up for the 2 weeks i needed it to and I used it to glue a broken plastic end tank back together. it was far more than a pinhole.

JB Weld will stick. Race proven performance. lol. It held together through several hundred miles in race conditions. Just get it VERY clean, and scuff it with some sandpaper.

Back