• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Misc questions & thoughts.

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Jeff, is there a log of " (dummy admins) " caught red-handed messages?

I got stopped out of bounds the other day merging the WrenXJ - WrensWhiteXJ clown whose account supposedly got hacked.... It prompted me to reset counters or some such nonsense, and I think I tried to, but got halted. (likely a good thing)

Right now it's just you, Johnny & I as admins? I don't do a lot anymore besides membership things, and an occasional forum add/cull.

I saw a new CO Bod usergroup, is that a better way to manage Chapter BOD Forum access? I think it probably is... Still requires some backside upkeep, but probably easier than resetting PWs and having the CH BODs relay new ones. Just add or cull folks to the X CHBOD groups for access as required. :dunno:

On the PMs... I doubt we'd even see a blip on the radar if we doubled the capacity of Members, Sponsors, & BOD mailboxes.

I remember Glenn saying something about setting up more Gmail accounts... I don't have a clue how to set it up, but am willing to learn and help implement it. A memberx@naxja account with a membership would be a cool perk if it were manageable. What happens when memberx expires? With the turnover, that could become huge?

Just typing out loud :cheers:

Thanks

Woody

I am still an Admin as well, but I do not really go in the Admin panel much... the too many cooks thing and all.

Gmail, we are currently limited to 250 (IIRC) accounts. I do think Google would lift that lid, if asked.

Edit: we have 109 accounts. There is a link to request more users in the email admin side. Not sure how fast Google will react to a request.

Sorry, Woody, I missed this when you posted it.

The major problem with Gmail integration is that it's all manual, and really completely separate accounts. If I could come up with a way to auto-create Gmail accounts when a new subscription comes in (along with the obvious removal,) that'd be a different story. Glenn, if you've run across an integration method, I'm all ears.

Personally, I view group membership as a *MUCH* better way to manage forum access over individual user permission overrides. I do need to spend some time under the covers to find all of the overrides currently in place.

I also think that you're going to need to remain as an admin (at least, the MEMBERSHIP position will,) otherwise you won't be able to manage subscriptions and memberships.

Back