• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

minimum lift for 33s

Drop the the stock suspension an inch, then trim all you can... throw the 33's under there.

If you are going to run 34's on stock back spacing, get the lower control arms out of a WJ with the 4.7 engine in it, they are boxed in so they are stronger, and have a bend in them so your tires wont rub. Should be able to pick them up at a junk yard for prety cheep. You will have to take a grinder to the bushings as they are slightly too thick, but thats an easy fix for what you get.

33x12.5 on 5.5" Trimmed No rubbing anywheres.. 1/2" or so of tire clearence from all fenders at full flex
P1010131.jpg

P1010132.jpg

No lift works if you are good with a sawzall, die grinders with cutoff wheels, a few hammers and a welder....

It depends on how much you cut. the more you cut the less you need to lift. With a ton of trimming you can get tons of flex and still steer from lock to lock without rubbing.

About 3" is perfect with some cutting.

My old XJ with 5" of lift and 33's

rearfender0031.jpg

rearfender005.jpg

My project MJ with 6" of lift and 33's(14" from the tire to the flare)

MJ041.jpg

Picture014a.jpg

MJ02.jpg

After inner fender work to remove hump in the front of the tire for max up travel. It will still get an inner fender liner to fill the gap from the flare to the inner fender to keep the mud out. It will still get the factory seams welded and the frame plated.

cutfender002.jpg

It will be on 37" tires with 6" of lift with 12-14" of front travel and 18" in the rear.

i have 33" 13.5" and i only have a 4.5" lift but i had to trim the corners of the front finders thats all

t-frady said:
i have 33" 13.5" and i only have a 4.5" lift but i had to trim the corners of the front finders thats all

You haven't disconnected it and flexed to see if it rubs when steering from lock to lock have you?

Either that or you have shocks that bottom out or long bumpstops. But no matter what, disconnected and flexed they will still rub if that's all you have trimmed.

no it runs fine locked both ways dont rub anywhere i would like to put 35 but i donk know how much more lift i need been thinking about 1.5" spacers but i like now i might leave it.

t-frady said:
no it runs fine locked both ways don't rub anywhere i would like to put 35 but i dont know how much more lift i need been thinking about 1.5" spacers but i like now i might leave it.
:rolleyes:

I call BS on this one friend. There is no way you can go lock to lock with your sway bar disconnected AND front suspension fully flexed, and not rub with 33X13.5 and only the corners of your fenders trimmed!

I have 5.5" RE LA, with 33X11.5, and 4'' BS, and they rub lock to lock when flexed (with the corners trimmed).

i dont mean flexed all the way i mean just driving around i havent put it up on a tree yet sorry i will soon i need to replace my engine mounts tomorrow

t-frady said:
i dont mean flexed all the way i mean just driving around i havent put it up on a tree yet sorry i will soon i need to replace my engine mounts tomorrow

Better get your sawzall out too....hasta

Yes, you can run 33's with 3 in of suspension lift, i had a 3in rough country with 33 12.50's, i took off the finder flars and were the line was for the finder i cut it off with a plasma cutter, smoothed the edges and painted over it so it wouldnt rust. But, it worked fine for me i had now problems.

Ol Leroy

i took it out in some holes today and it does rub well i guess i know what i will be doing soon lol and does anyone know what it might be other than the motor that will make the rear wiper not put out water?? thanks

No water left in the reservoir???? :)

lol i just got the jeep like a month ago but im not dumb yes it is in there the front works fine. i havent been wheeling in about a year i went today man i cant describe it but thanks ill try to figure something out tomorrow.

t-frady said:
lol I just purchased the Jeep a month ago, but I'm not dumb. Yes it has water in it; the front works fine. I haven't been wheeling in about a year. I went today, and man i cant describe it. I will try to figure something out tomorrow, but thanks just the same.

Glad you saw the humor in that. :roflmao: Good luck!

thanks any ways and by the way sweet jeep KTM RACER

Back