• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

might need help soon in Orange County

villaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so this is my first Jeep, stock 01 60th anniversary black on black, I'm going to order a lift kit soon and a slip yoke eliminator, wondering if anybody is willing to either want to earn some money and do the installation obviously I will help so I can get some hands-on experience feel free to message me I'm located in Santa Ana California but wouldn't mind driving down a few miles

waldo.png

I live in Yorba Linda and have all the tools needed and a large driveway. You will be doing at least half the work, but don't worry, it's all easy until bolts start snapping (start spraying lubricant on all the bolts now). The usual price for having someone help you work on your Jeep is you pay for food and drinks. I prefer fish tacos and Mexican Coke, but pizza and beer works too, especially since I won't be driving.

hey guys thank you for the replies, this is my first Jeep I come from my experience with Fox bodies, by all means I do not expect help for free so I'll shell out a few bucks for the help, so I'm leaning towards the iron rock offroad critical path kit and I will also need a slip yoke eliminator so if anybody can help me out with that in a few weeks let me know, I live by South Coast Plaza about 2 to 3 blocks away. Off Bristol and segerstrom feel free to text me 562-479-3612. and I only have a set of hand tools nothing too extensive,definitely need somebody who knows how to install all that and know how to use the shims and etc, I appreciate everybody's responses and anybody willing to help me out,again this is all going to be done in a few weeks but I'm going to get all my stuff in so we can schedule a weekend to do it or however long it will take

so I'm leaning towards the iron rock offroad critical path kit and I will also need a slip yoke eliminator.

I'd advise against going with the IRO kit as the caster adjustment on drivers side uses a single 10mm bolt which tends to snap and lead to very bad things. The kit also uses a y-link/radius arm style setup that can lead to some undesirable handling traits off-road.

As for an SYE, if it's in your budget order up the advanced adapters full SYE, the H&T sye's maybe cheap, but you'll regret it in the long run.
http://www.advanceadapters.com/products/np231-sye--new-process-231j-fixed-yoke-kit-50-7906--50-7907/

Sidewaysstarion hey I did not know that, I'll definitely put a little bit more research into it the only other kid I was interested in was the Rubicon Express, but for the price with long arms I was leaning towards the IRO kitkeep in mind this is not going to be a heavy duty rock crawler this is going to be a daily driver and mild trail XJ, probably used mostly for camping so if I don't need the long arms I don't stress on going that way with the Superflex 4.5 inch kit with short arms...

If you run drop brackets with your short arms it will ride like stock, I drove for a while with RE drop brackets and RE superflex lowers on 5.5" of lift before I went long arm. I daily drive my rig, it has AC, heat and can do 80 on the freeway no problem.

10620449_10152862206173684_4810892455815110373_o.jpg

:wave:

Check out Mark's (Sidewaysstarion), Mitch's, Beamer's or Justin's rig and you wouldn't buy an off the shelf lift kit

Sidewaysstarion hey I did not know that, I'll definitely put a little bit more research into it the only other kid I was interested in was the Rubicon Express, but for the price with long arms I was leaning towards the IRO kitkeep in mind this is not going to be a heavy duty rock crawler this is going to be a daily driver and mild trail XJ, probably used mostly for camping so if I don't need the long arms I don't stress on going that way with the Superflex 4.5 inch kit with short arms...

Shameless plug, but I'm selling a set of RE drop brackets and braces as well as some 5" RE coils in my part out thread:eyes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sEij0XfPUF5pV6FCPU_r62PK4qc4Xw0Zrzk6ULUbhj8/edit?usp=sharing

Another positive review for the RE drop brackets and short arms. I am running 6" Skyjacker springs with 35's and it still rides great on the freeway and plenty of flex offroad.

picture.php

Lol sweet! I live by the ymca, I think I'm leaning g towards the critical path 5.5" lift kit, AA aye andwaiting for a reply from adam drive shaft and offroad in Nevada they sell a kit with a upgraded drive shaft included

Back