• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Midwest Fishing!

jig and pork trailer... aka, pig n jig.

the trailers arent usually pork these days.

if you want some basics on hooking into some serious 'skies... ive done a lot of research and trial and error. im sure the bight is hot right now.

Ya, what I have seen for pork lately has just been scented rubber.

I would love to hear some basics for the 'skies, works for pike to?

oh and sorry, my big boy was just shy of 5lbs. I got two so far in the same weight range in the same pond.

I have been told the Menominee river/bad waters area is good from a few folks. Also Fisher lake by Florence WI and Michigamme lake. I fished the Badwaters and had a 'skie or possibly a pike follow my lure in but I am not 100% sure what it was, looked about right just pretty small.

Its been a tough summer on my gear. My scouts demolished 3 cheaper reels and a pole. My wife snapped my truck pole in the back glass on my truck. She did make up for it and bought me a snazzy Ugly Stick to replace the pole she broke.

I love my Ugly Stick! It's been through hell and after 15 years I just had to replace a guide. On tuff rod!

My buddy Paul went up to his cabin this weekend. This is the cabin we use for hunting season, which is probably why he's up there (for bow), and ice fishing. The lake is kinda depleted. There's no real cover and when the fish were big, the secret got out and it got nailed. Usually if anything is getting caught, it's small-time.

When my phone and photobucket get on the same page...I'll show you the pic I got yesterday making me insanely jealous.
Photobucket and my phone never got together for this pic. I had to haxor it to another location first.

20 incher he caught off the dock...

I talked to him about that last night. He said he was using a plastic worm, weedless set-up. I think he just got lucky to find the biggest fish in the lake. Haha!

My big boys were pretty much the same. Tossed a weedless creature bait (looks like a craw with extra legs) next to the shore. My son had a little prob with his line, after fixing that I started to reel it in. Just about took the rod out of my hand the first time. After that I decided that each cast will wait a minute or two before retrieval. lol

that time of year boys:
picked up 9 bass. only one with some size, the rest probably males getting ready for the spawn. and boated this guy. not bad for 2 hours with the super cool water temps and wind:

1505210_647393415315078_1227256492715825489_n.jpg

I fished a little this year didn't catch nothing but a buzz my son some nice size cats we have a place on the Kankakee river and didn't get the boats out yet the river by us is just getting out of flood stage

Well it's not the Midwest , but I've been out a few times. Without realizing it, we moved in next to one of the better fishing lakes in new York. Walleye bite is slow...hopefully we will start getting into them. Largemouth and crappie are still biting well

Back