• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

metal supply in NJ

XJBrother

NAXJA Forum User
I've been talking to companies for days and have not had much luck trying to get metal. Either there minumum is to high or you need to be a ligitmate business where you can provide credit references and stuff. EMJ in langhorne is much cheaper than anywhere else but they're the ones that need the credit stuff. Where have yous gotten you metal at? I'm referring to DOM tube mainly here. thanks :x

metal supply

Let me know what you need. 1(908)624-1119

marc S. (4wd and performance)

Try Fazio's in So Jersey.

http://www.ordersteel.com/

Real cool place with plenty of Stuff for those many projects.

Fazzio's is my favorite toy store... I'm fortunate to live only about 10 minutes from there. They have great prices on a huge selection of stuff.

Greg,Did ya get your metal yet?What do ya need?My friend gets all of his tubing from TW Metals,one location in Cranbury,NJ-609-655-4120 or headquarters in Exton,Pa-610-458-1300.My friend probably has what you need if not he can order it.

Mark and John..i've talked to Fazzios and the problem with them is they cannot get me the DOM i'm looking for.

Mitch...Is TW named Samson as well by any chance? I've been talking to guy there. The reason i ask is Samson is also in cranberry and seem to be helpful enough.

Once again Marc and Frank at 4wd and performance have been helpful with this as well, can't say enough good things about them and their place. hopefully i'll have my metal by mid week. I have alot of work to get done if i want to try to make it to NACfest. :shock:

Is there a Pathfinder fest we could crash perhaps?

:twisted:

haha if you really want to come then your more than welcome...all of you. Just try not to laugh to hard when the coal road sends home over half of the trucks there. I'll be the first to admit they suck. You happy now mark? :p

on a side note...how much does fazzios charge per pound for scrap?

Their scrap heap isn't really scrap, just leftover pieces cut from much longer lengths. There is lots of stuff in the 2'-6' range, big enough for making bumpers and rocker guards, etc. I think they charge something rediculously low like 27 or 30 cents per pound for steel. Aluminum is closer to 80 or 90 cents per pound. Fasteners in bulk are $1 per pound, unlike Home Depot where you could pay $1.50 for one f'ing bolt.

-Mark

Back