• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mesh Grille for my XJ

Holy shit... 800 bones for a grill.

I've never seen a grill like that for an XJ. Most XJ owners are extremely cheap and there's no way in hell a company is going to make a grill that costs 50 percent of what the vehicle is worth.

I obviously don't know where you can but one, but I'm guessing you're going to have to get it custom made if you really want one.

Holy shit. $800 for some mesh, a piece of sheet metal and some screws? Do they install it for you too? Not to mention its ulgy as sin too. Do people actually buy that thing?

That is pretty awful too.

When I opened this thread I was thinking something along the lines of this: http://media.automaxstyling.com/med...27136e95/a/p/aps-x-mesh-grilles-CX6451K_b.jpg except just replace the common gutter mesh on an XJ grill. But these are something else.

I've never seen a grill like that for an XJ. Most XJ owners are extremely cheap and there's no way in hell a company is going to make a grill that costs 50 percent of what the vehicle is worth.

I obviously don't know where you can but one, but I'm guessing you're going to have to get it custom made if you really want one.

haha, that's double the value of my jeep. :D

I feel like that was a joke right? Its bad they are selling it, its so much word to know that someone probably actually bought one. I'm at a loss for words right now.That entire website is a pathetic messed up joke and it will give me nightmares.

If you are looking for something different but right, I have this available. The whole header panel assembly. It is a 21 Slot Wagoneer grill from 84/85 Wagoneer. PM me if interested.
picture.php

picture.php

I've wanted to do something like that on my WJ for a while, but it's tougher with the complex curve of the stock grille.

I'd say just get a junkyard grille, cut out the vertical bars, and throw in some expanded metal mesh behind it. They sell the stuff at Lowes/HD.

It gets even worse,

http://www.rollingbigpower.com/grilles-1/rx-3-led-grille-10.html

1700.00 Grill. They throw in some LED lighting.

Why wouldn't you want to make one.
My OEM grille took some damage.
I welded a grille as a temporary replacement, and here we are two years later and it still there.
It cost about 10.00 in materials.
It took about 45 minutes including paint.

That grille don't look half bad. Can't figure out what's going on with your ATV winch fairlead and shackles though.

Thanks for that Bob Barker, but I think $989 is closer to 1k than $767.
Oh yeah, and don't forget to have yourself spayed and neutered.

Ughh. Just unbelievable.

Agreed!

Right up there with paying $$$ to have fog lamps frenched into an off road bumper!

;)

Back