• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet and Greet

Will You attend?

• Will be there... Camping

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Will be there.... will get a Hotel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure... will try to let you know soon

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • no, not interested

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, busy time for everyone. Lets bag it for now, and see what we can come up with later when schedules are not so busy.
Glenn

Sept may be a good time as things are quieting down and schools are back in...

On a seperate note what are the regs. with the ferrys - I think my bumper mounted gas can is a big no-no!? (yes, no???) I am there as long as there is some notice ;)

See ya

Matt

Matt said:
Sept may be a good time as things are quieting down and schools are back in...

On a seperate note what are the regs. with the ferrys - I think my bumper mounted gas can is a big no-no!? (yes, no???) I am there as long as there is some notice ;)

See ya

Matt

Why not leave the gas can home? :p lol

Nice to see ya, Matt.

If it is at all helpful, I have access to a Community Center that will hold upwards of 50 people. It has a kitchen and a BBQ if we want to meet there we can do so. I was thinking maybe a Sat afternoon late in september. That should give us some time to assemble ourselves??

Maybe Sep 20 or 27th??

I am located about 30min north of Seattle in Marysville (maybe a mile or two off the freeway).

Let me know,
Michael

ECKSJAY said:
Why not leave the gas can home? :p lol

Nice to see ya, Matt.

Because it looks goofy without it - plus the gauge works backwards F = fumes (not always correct though) and E = entirely full ;) So most of the time I just go until I run out - classy huh :rolleyes:

I have a old ceramic coated water can I could put there...

We need to get another local run together...

Matt

(Reiter is really dry and you can climb some really gnarly stuff pretty easily!)

The only closures at Reiter so far have been TA, UTA and Tighty - these were all in an area where Hogarty Creek (the one feeding the hatchery) started flowing down the trail bed after folks breached the bank by by passing around a large rock.... This is a voluntary closure but the signs do have some ticketable RWC's listed and several hydraulic violations were issued due to some irate motorcross guys who felt cheated after the single track opened up into a jeep trail (brought the sheriff up and took pics of rigs and licenses!)

Issy (above the cedar bridge) is on the chopping block if "Wild Sky" pass this term but so far it is open and as legal as it has ever been - just keep your antics in the creekbed contained to the high traffic area that has been "paved" with big cobbles; ie crossing is OK but playing is definitely uncool and risks a ticket (1000$ fine :eek: ) - Get out there and run it while it is still legal!

Some fun stuff has developed under the power lines and the Index Wall trail is kinda fun for an easy trip...

I have Sundays and Thursdays free so anyone that wants to go for a little jaunt I am game if you give me a heads up a few days in advance (barring other commitments :rolleyes: )

What are you thinkin?

Matt

I was just curious as to what was going on there. I've found no place in State or Federal Law that says that those creek crossings are legal without a proper buildup and hydrology permit. I was just curious whether that water crossing (down below the cedar bridge) was still 'open'...not that it's 'legal'. I'm just wondering if they actually did put a gate up is all. I'm not planning on crossing it ever (only have once in my own rig), just curious.

From what I heard, Wild Skies did pass...and I was also under the impression that trails in existence would remain as roads, but I could be mistaken.

Last I heard it had not passed yet - last session it never made it to the table but was pretty much set as far as votes go - homeland security nudged it off the calender before time was up...

If Issabelle stays that would be great too - who know what will happen... Just be sure to keep an eye out for signage where ever you go!

Matt

Matt said:
Last I heard it had not passed yet - last session it never made it to the table but was pretty much set as far as votes go - homeland security nudged it off the calender before time was up...

I'll have to make some calls to see what I can find out. :)

If Issabelle stays that would be great too - who know what will happen... Just be sure to keep an eye out for signage where ever you go!

Matt

Always looking for signs. :) Just be forewarned though that just because there's no sign doesn't mean it's legal. ;) It is illegal to cross a live stream bed, period. :D

Back