• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

meet and greet

Welcome home.

Welcome dude, if you're willing to make the drive up to Whidbey we've got a meet'n'greet and BBQ on Saturday with the local military 'wheelers. There's a couple XJ's in our group. Shoot me a PM if you're up for it.

Sorry to hear that duded.. I'm also sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner, sent you a pm with info and such - just got back from an un-scheduled trip. Got my dates screwed up, it's going down today not Saturday.

You sure you did it with the axle? Your control arms must be slinky's to let it move that far back :)

I have rustys long arm which came on the jeep my front drive shaft is disconnected bc i have diff size gears in the front then the back :(( so what happen was the yoke came up and got ahold of the exhaust. Im kind of new to this my last jeep was only 4.5 inchs

How different are the gears? I'm running 3.07 front and 3.27 rear (8.8 swap), not going to regear 'til I have the money for a locker as well. It holds up fine as long as the driving surface has slip to it, such as mud, sand, dirt, gravel, etc...
Had a friend that ran 3.54 and 3.07 for a long time offroad, worked just fine as well.

You can re-connect the front driveline if you want, the 4wd disengages in the t-case so you won't have to worry about anything on-road.

Ok, in that case I'd definitely AVOID using 4wd, no matter what the surface. Unless you're on ice, I believe that'd be slippery enough :)

Back