• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mean Green's 1st AutoX

4sp until Sunday, 4.5sp with the other setup. I went overboard w/ the 4.10s--3.73 is my ideal ratio for 27" tires and 3.55 with the 24.8"s above(they'll get put back on the MJ). I'll definitely start in 2nd and will only have to shift to 3rd, cause you don't go faster than 60 or so on this course. Once I wear through the Bridgestones(2-3 years), I'll look for a 17x8-9" wheel(hopefully a light one, but I do like the AEVs) that'll stick out 1-1.5" more and put 255/50-17s(also 27") on it.

Last edited:
My friend and I kicked @$$ at Saturday's auto-x even though it was wet out. We were sliding and drifting throughout the course. I think the fastest time of the day was 52.x secs, but I was able to put down a 57.0x and my friend got a 57.8-9 with a cone penalty on skinny 225/50-16s(most people were in the 60s). If we had his 275/35-15s on, we would've been 2-4 secs faster. NCCBMWCCA is a little slow with their results, but I should be able to post a link tomorrow.

Last edited:
i wonder how many sports car owners cry when they were out run by a jeep?

I know I would haha, I mean these arent slow cars by any means. What are the restrictions for your class? Obviously it has to not be a BMW, but what seperates the Non bmw 1 from 2?

The thing that is wild is that I was on skinny 225s. If I had 255s and those offset upper balljoints to get some camber, I'd be 2-4 secs faster. . .

Non BMW:
1 = 4.7l+
2 = 3.3l - 4.6l
3 = 2.1l - 3.2l
4 = 0.1l - 2.0l
After the Base Group number is determined, move up 1 Group (e.g.: X3 to X2) as follows:
- Increase 1 Group if engine is rotary (Wankel engine)
- Increase 1 Group if engine uses forced induction (factory or aftermarket)
- Increase 1 Group if R-Compound tires are used. R-Compound is classified by NCC Autocross as any DOT tire with a tread wear rating of less than 140.
my twist: Decrease 1 group if using a sport utility vehicle

It was rainy out there, so no vids that I know of. I did see someone shooting pics with a nice camera, though. I'll have to dig and maybe find a money shot with us doing 50+ with some counter-lock action.

So last week I drained the tranny and diff and used Redline's MTL and 75w90(still had to buy a tube of friction modifier to quiet the Auburn down). On Friday, I went to lunch w/ my friend and attempted to trade Jeeps so he could tow his non-street legal 91-93 MR2 w/ 2005 camry 3.5 swap with mine to Saturday's auto-x. I have a small 1 1/8" hitch w/ 2" ball and his trailer uses a 2 5/16" ball, so that was a no go. I had to twist my brother's arm to get him to bring it: "I wasn't planning on auto-xing, otherwise I'd have entered my NSX":p. Somewhere during his 30 minute drive to the stadium, the slave cylinder went out. I attempted to reseat it and refill, but it was not happening. Today I took it back out and it seems like the clip that holds the fork to the pivot has come undone, so you know what I'll be doing this week. . .
Anyhow, I'll have her ready for next month's auto-x. Oh yeah, I got first in my class w/ the M3 and both my friend and I were able to get times that would've put it at FTD(fastest time of the day for all classes) if only we didn't hit cones.

It turns out it was the throw-out bearing clip that disintegrated and the fork was rubbing on the pressure-plate. The pivot clip is fine. I'll just clean up the area and use a new throwout bearing w/ clip and take the advice someone gave here(you know who you are) to use dry graphite lubricant that won't attract as much clutch/road debris like bearing grease does. I'm also using it as an excuse to ditch the Daystar poly tranny mount(that vibrates my @$$) and replace the weeping tail-cone seal that the driveshaft goes into. The Centerforce DF2 clutch is still fine and I might be able to re-use the slave cylinder(although it did get hyper-extended with the fork unclipped). The turbo-stroker build is on my brother's time(he bought a house, owns/pays on a 97 NSX, and got married less than 2 years ago, so the stroker isn't a priority), so all I can say is I'll give it my best to help him when needed and see the Eliminator on the road again(it will be a competitor for sure). In the mean time, my 95 m3 transforms more and more into a beast and my 96 2wd 4.6 XJ gets thrashed during urban car-fare(DD) until something breaks and gets fixed again. XJ and Jeepers 4 life!
Here's the results from Sat:
http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=92&act=down
The Jeep would've gotten times in the 46-47s range, just so you can compare it to the other vehicles on the list.

Last edited:
So last week I drained the tranny and diff and used Redline's MTL and 75w90(still had to buy a tube of friction modifier to quiet the Auburn down). On Friday, I went to lunch w/ my friend and attempted to trade Jeeps so he could tow his non-street legal 91-93 MR2 w/ 2005 camry 3.5 swap with mine to Saturday's auto-x. I have a small 1 1/8" hitch w/ 2" ball and his trailer uses a 2 5/16" ball, so that was a no go. I had to twist my brother's arm to get him to bring it: "I wasn't planning on auto-xing, otherwise I'd have entered my NSX":p. Somewhere during his 30 minute drive to the stadium, the slave cylinder went out. I attempted to reseat it and refill, but it was not happening. Today I took it back out and it seems like the clip that holds the fork to the pivot has come undone, so you know what I'll be doing this week. . .
Anyhow, I'll have her ready for next month's auto-x. Oh yeah, I got first in my class w/ the M3 and both my friend and I were able to get times that would've put it at FTD(fastest time of the day for all classes) if only we didn't hit cones.

That mr2 probably moves! Nice job on almost getting ftd. I ran my neon today....I really need a better handling car. :/

Yesterday was the Jeep's 2nd auto-x on the 285/30-18 Hoosiers down in Waldorf. I got a little more used to it on the wider r-comps:

Back