• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maxxis Trepador tires

No it won't. Sure, it'll increase the unsprung weight a little (maybe 100lbs) but it won't be enough to lower the COG 1.5" to make up for the extra body elevation. With my super-flexy suspension (TNT long arms, 1.5" boomerangs and 12" travel shocks), adding unsprung weight won't stop my rig from going over. All of the tires are still in contact with the ground in some situations where I've needed people to stand on my rock rails. That's the definition of off-camber! Tall rigs are not good for offcamber, and unsprung weight won't help unless your suspension has no flex or you have suckdown winches (which most people don't).

Sorry to keep arguing with you, I've been a little cranky. :)

Whatevah: What kind of milage did you get out of your Bighorns?

With a lot of burnouts, panic stops and very bad toe in the front alignment, 25K miles before I wanted to replace them. Lemme tell ya, correct alignment has a huge influence in the mileage life of mud tires. I should have gotten around 45K usable miles from them, maybe more.

Right now, I'm just getting down to the siping depth on my replacement tires. That's just about 1/8" of wear in approximately 8000 miles. On my last set, I noticed that the siped section was softer and the rest of the tire wore slower. The tires have 21/32" of tread (just over 5/8") which gives me that 45K usable estimate.

With a lot of burnouts, panic stops and very bad toe in the front alignment, 25K miles before I wanted to replace them. Lemme tell ya, correct alignment has a huge influence in the mileage life of mud tires. I should have gotten around 45K usable miles from them, maybe more.

Right now, I'm just getting down to the siping depth on my replacement tires. That's just about 1/8" of wear in approximately 8000 miles. On my last set, I noticed that the siped section was softer and the rest of the tire wore slower. The tires have 21/32" of tread (just over 5/8") which gives me that 45K usable estimate.

I've not taken a tread deapth meausrement for a while but I've gotten about 20K out of my Bighorns. I do DD mine adn they look to be about 1/2 tread or so now. I'll likely buy another set. I do rotate in my spare, and rotate every 3-4K.

Pro Comp XTerrains

I have these in 33x12.5

They are not bad offroad and seem to be wearing like iron. A little expensive though. Loud as hell on the road also. Less than impressive sidewalls.

Back