• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maxxis Bighorns?

100_2622.jpg

I've got 15,xxx on my Bighorns. I just measured with a tire wear guage and they're at 15/32nds.
New Bighorns are20/32nds.

I do a 5 tire rotation every 3,xxx.

100_5138.jpg

Last edited:
damn headin for 60k aint bad at all... id be happy with 40k. those looks sweet btw, i used to not like them till i started likeing trepadors and baja claws, then i noticed the sides of the maxxis BHs look very similar. I was hoping id be able to get them for 600$.... damnit

Okay so how loud are they? Has anyone compared them to another MT tire? trxus, km, km2, and mtr come to mind...

I was in Backroads XJ on 32s wasn't even noticeable, and that was on the highway at 65+. I don't think any one would find them LOUD unless you're a real bitch.

He was saying they had been a little louder NEW. But after some road use it tames em down I guess.

thats surprising, i thought most tires are quiet when you first get them, like MTRs are silent when you first get them. well these tires look beast as hell, are they hard to balance? i plan on useing airsoft BBs anyone know the specs for htat? or the link to that chart...

Here's my 305/75/16 Bighorns. They did great on the Rubicon Trail.

stebel8.jpg

I'm running 265/75s and I love them. I've got Goodyear MTRs on my Bronco and I like the Bighorns better. Less noise, good on and off road. I think its a good DDing tire but for those who need a MT on the weekends.

yeah they look to be pretty good all around. Im starting to look at the KM2s though, it looks like the best deal ill get on the maxxis ones is 700 so i might just say fuck it and get some km2s

HaleYes said:
100_2622.jpg

33x12.50x15 right?
15x8 3.75 bs rims?
I'll probably get the same size in a few weeks......I wonder if I can squeek by without buying new rims.Right now I have 15x7 4" BS soft 8's?

Last edited:
emr1101 said:
yeah they look to be pretty good all around. Im starting to look at the KM2s though, it looks like the best deal ill get on the maxxis ones is 700 so i might just say fuck it and get some km2s
haha my thoughts exactly

outlander said:
HaleYes said:
100_2622.jpg

33x12.50x15 right?
15x8 3.75 bs rims?
I'll probably get the same size in a few weeks......I wonder if I can squeek by without buying new rims.Right now I have 15x7 4" BS soft 8's?

He's running:
33x12.5x15's on 15x8 4"bs rims. JIM.

outlander said:
Not to go off topic but how would those 33x12.50's do on a 15x7 4" BS rim?

They'd bulge out more and you wouldn't be able to air down as much.

I go down to 12psi and I've yet to have a problem.

They would probably have a little bit of bulge, but it seems that 8" is the optimum width with 7" being a hair too narrow and 10" being too wide for a tire with a 12.5" tread width.

emr1101 said:
Any word on how the Maxxis do when aired down?

Superb. :thumbup:

If it means anything to you, I have run my 33x12.5's for just over a year as a DD and weekend wheeler. I have had no problems with them at all. They are amazing in every terrain I have taken them in (mud, rocks, snow, etc.) They simply cannot be beaten for their price.

emr1101 said:
Any word on how the Maxxis do when aired down?

Yes, they work great aired down (10-12psi) and they grip awesome!! :peace: P.S. Hell, I tore a sidewall(Chinamans Gulch) and they still perform great!!

Back