• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

max tire size stock xj

Max Stock (No Cutting) will be either a 235/75, 30x9.5, or 31x10.50 depending on how much your suspesion has settled, how much stuff you carry, and which tires you pick.

If you've got a reciprocating saw, you can clear 33s. Just make sure you take the time to measure and extend your bump stops.

Add to that the 96 and older vs 97 and up. Older Xjs can fit bigger tires without rubbing

For reference:

This is stock (worn out) springs and bumps and 33's.

2862.jpg

And I rubbed like crazy. Consider it a reference point for how much you really have to trim to comfortably run 33's on stock suspension. Basically - a couple inches more than this...

31's, trim under the flares, turn the steering stops out so it doesn't rub on the control arms up front or do the WJ arm swap. Bash the pinch seams flat.

go wheeling.

31's max. 30s will be the best choice IMO tho.

to add on to the question in a way. what would be the max tire size for jsut a straight stock set up?

I run 30x9.50-15 BFG Mud Terrain on factory wheels with no rubbing on the front. Minor rubbing on the rear flare when off road. Even then it's only happened twice when I backed up onto a rock and had the rear spring pretty flexed.

Back