• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maryland XJ people

steve from the burnie area here--00 sport--all stock cept for head unit-speakers and 30x9.5's on stock rims

Hey guys I'm here looking for a bit of help.... The AX-5 in my trusty old beater has just about given up on me after 300k miles. If you know of someone who has one laying in the corner of the garage or know of a junkyard that has any 84-86 V6 XJ's could ya let me know? I'm in Smithsburg.

would you consider an upgrade? AX-15s you can swap in with a bit of work, and are MUCH easier to find, as well as being much stronger and more reliable.

I have yet to find a v6 cherokee, never mind a 5-speed, in the junkyard, and especially not complete.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=956031

would you consider an upgrade? AX-15s you can swap in with a bit of work, and are MUCH easier to find, as well as being much stronger and more reliable.

I have yet to find a v6 cherokee, never mind a 5-speed, in the junkyard, and especially not complete.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=956031

Well I always hear the AX-5 is weak.... but mine has 300k of abuse on it and is just now dropping outta gear when no load on it.... No movement of the shifter just drops outta gear in all gears. Maybe the blocking rings are shot?

I need cheap and quick fix right now as the poor girl is getting pretty rusty in the floor pans. Don't wanna invest too much until I can gut the interior and make an assessment if I want to fix her or move on and part her out.
I'm having to drive my old 78 F250 2wd P/U to work right now, I hate to have it out in the salt and the 460 in it is a tad more thirsty than the 3.4 in the XJ.

Maybe I'll just throw fresh bearings, syncs, and blocking rings in what I've got.... just afraid once I go in it that there will be more needed with the mileage thats on it.

hey guys and girls just wanted to stop in and say hi!!! im a long time jeep guy have had tons of jeeps and just got a new one to me! had to get back to my roots into an xj missed mine something bad! working in the auto parts bis really helps out to! the new xj is A 99 4.0 auto i picked up for 300 bucks! here's she is and also a few other ones i have owned and built on my own ! would really like to have a meet up and swap story's !
jeepxjdriver.jpg

jeepxjinter.jpg

jeepxj.jpg

the last 300 buck jeep i had
jeep072.jpg

the one i built for my dad
jeepwork031.jpg

then my pride and joy that i miss so much!!
jeepoffroad017.jpg

jeepoffroad011.jpg

thanks and hello!

what up man? Welcome!

rofl that's awesome on so many levels

Here :)

Need help finding more info on a red '98. Tags read "SURF01", surf rider foundation plates. Dude stopped at a light an chatted me up for a second, he was super cool. Looked like 33 on 4+ inches. Very clean, all flares intact.

Rockville/Gaithersburg area.

never seen that one. Not anyone I know of on CherokeeForum either

awww crap Jon is here....

forum killer :D

Nice fsj, wish there were more of us ... I know xj maryland but I spend so much time in bmore.(b more careful).nice to see the great rigs.

Last edited:
Back