• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Man sues publishers of the Bible for promoting homophobia and discrimination. . . .

Re: Man sues publishers of the Bible for promoting homophobia and discrimination. . . .

That's right up there with that Jack Ass who tried to sue God. I wonder how much tax money will be wasted on this.

Re: Man sues publishers of the Bible for promoting homophobia and discrimination. . . .

Dude, I see some definite discrimination right there!

1 Corinthians 6:9:"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders."

Only the MALE prostitutes? So the female ones are a-ok with God? Damn, that's some discrimination! :p

Lets see if this guy has the b@lls to sue the publishers of the Koran for the same thing. A smart man sues people who worship a loving, forgiving God.

Mudderoy said:
Lets see if this guy has the b@lls to sue the publishers of the Koran for the same thing. A smart man sues people who worship a loving, forgiving God.
I agree. However, a loving, forgiving God has nothing to do with the bible or its human republishers...

Doesn't that fall under freedom of speech? I mean I could write a book titled Why I Hate Gay People. It might not sell, and people can refuse to put it on their racks. But you can't sue me for writing it. Well you could, but I can't imagine that you'd win....

91 Jeep Project said:
Doesn't that fall under freedom of speech? I mean I could write a book titled Why I Hate Gay People. It might not sell, and people can refuse to put it on their racks. But you can't sue me for writing it. Well you could, but I can't imagine that you'd win....

if your in the boundaries of the 9th circuit court of appeals you'd better think twice.

However in the South you'd win hands down. More bibles than corn down there.

Beej said:
I agree. However, a loving, forgiving God has nothing to do with the bible or its human republishers...

You've never read the Bible have you? ;) Its not a matter of being loving and forgiving, its a matter of being just. God has "standards", if you will. He has a very clear set of what's right and what's wrong. Christian's are taught that we are to love our neighbor, however if the person's actions are wrong, we still love them and don't judge the person as bad (we can't judge the heart or motive) just the action goes against what's right. I don't mean to pick a fight or whatnot, just this is one of the things I see from people as a huge misconception. The Old Testament had rules and a means of making "reparations" to pay for your sins. If you broke those rules and didn't make yourself right according to the law, you were found to be lacking in God's eyes. Then came the New Testament in which the Messiah prophesied by the Old Testament came to us and died on the cross as the ultimate sacrifice. With that, our need to make sacrifices was ended so long as we accepted Christ's payment for our sins. This is the hyper short, paraphrased version of the Bible and the Christian means of salvation. :)

Now I know why we don't discuss religion on here... ;)

IB4TL.

Yeah, maybe it should've been a PM, oh well, thought for future. Not meant as an argument though.

BlackSport96 said:
Yeah, maybe it should've been a PM, oh well, thought for future. Not meant as an argument though.

I'm not pointing it at you man...

you know how these things end up. We've been around here a couple of weeks. ;)

These threads just just end up hitting the wall eventually.

Tis true...a lot of people get too worked up over it

BlackSport96 said:
You've never read the Bible have you? ;) Its not a matter of being loving and forgiving, its a matter of being just. God has "standards", if you will. He has a very clear set of what's right and what's wrong. Christian's are taught that we are to love our neighbor, however if the person's actions are wrong, we still love them and don't judge the person as bad (we can't judge the heart or motive) just the action goes against what's right. I don't mean to pick a fight or whatnot, just this is one of the things I see from people as a huge misconception. The Old Testament had rules and a means of making "reparations" to pay for your sins. If you broke those rules and didn't make yourself right according to the law, you were found to be lacking in God's eyes. Then came the New Testament in which the Messiah prophesied by the Old Testament came to us and died on the cross as the ultimate sacrifice. With that, our need to make sacrifices was ended so long as we accepted Christ's payment for our sins. This is the hyper short, paraphrased version of the Bible and the Christian means of salvation. :)

Dude, come on.

Alright, I post that link and started this thread because the man's stupidity level was so incredibly high. Not as a moral or religious commentary.

It was intended to clear up what I've seen to be a common misconception expressed by Beej. Like I said, I'm not looking to start an argument or even steer the thread in that direction, ok? :)

Yes, that man is stupid for trying that, but what's scary (to me at least) is depending on the court he gets and the mood of the judges, he might actually get somewhere with it. Then what, stop printing Bibles? Change them to meet some new standard? I doubt it'll happen, but honestly its nothing more than an attack on Christianity. Like someone else posted, let's see if he has the balls to sue the publishers of the Koran. Or the Torah (seeing as to how it lines up with the Old Testament pretty good).

Why stop at the bible? He should go ahead and sue every author and publisher that has ever put out a piece of fiction. :read:

Seriously though, the guy is an idiot.

SBrad001 said:
...the man's stupidity level was so incredibly high.
Right up there with black holes.

Back