• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MA guys, where do you recycle your coolant/oil?

JrTxJ

NAXJA Forum User
i've heard everette's in brockton does it, but does anyone else know of any places in mass that will take used coolant and oil? i love when you buy it from an autoparts store that says they'll take it if you buy it from them, then later they say we don't accept that.

anyone know of any state facilities that take it? thanks

I usally stock pile then wait for a Local town to do a Hazard waste day.

I used to have another friend that didn't want to pollute so he would put a bucket near the street then call the PD from a pay phone and tell them someone left it there. DPW always came to get it.

Also for oil try looking for a garage that uses it for heat.

The gas station I work at.

In MA, the auto parts stores have to take it if you bought it from them and have the reciept.

i live in Stoughton and our local police station has a big barrel setup that anyone can dump their used oil into i believe. i go there after our stock pile of like 60 quarts is full.

Local Autozone takes my motor oil, you can bring in up to five gallons at a time. I also slip my gear oil in there too although they technically don't accept it.

Another thought, look for shops that use waste oil heaters. They would be glad to take the old oil from you.

I know wourbon has a warehouse place that takes it the 2nd weeknd of every month. Also alot more town public works barns are heating there place with used oil and will take it for free.

Chris

JrTxJ said:
i've heard everette's in brockton does it, but does anyone else know of any places in mass that will take used coolant and oil? i love when you buy it from an autoparts store that says they'll take it if you buy it from them, then later they say we don't accept that.

anyone know of any state facilities that take it? thanks
If you have a Tractor Supply store locally, they will accept it. My local store limits me to 5 gallons a trip, but from my shop I usually don't have more than that at a time anyway.

I drop all my waste oil at Advanced Auto Parts on lower County in Attleboro, no troubles what so ever.
They take batteries too.

thanks guys...i wonder why the advanced in quincy i buy from won't accept stuff back?! maybe i'll print out the link i found on mass law from the epa and retry.

Back