• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M90 supercharger installed

SVTJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I added a few pics when i added the post. M90 supercharger installed today. I removed the AC and made a bracket to mount the m90 where the compressor went. I also installed 36# injectors and a AEM F/IC controller to tune the jeep. I made my own jumper harness for a spare computer and harness i had. I also removed the throttle plate and filled the opening in a spare TB i had. Going to have a TB spacer welded on the inlet of the m90 tomorrow to mount the real TB.
2012-11-11_10-24-39_984.jpg.html
2012-11-12_18-47-54_795.jpg.html

2012-11-12_18-48-03_864.jpg.html

2012-11-12_18-48-17_178.jpg.html

2012-11-12_18-50-30_969.jpg.html

2012-11-12_18-51-30_393.jpg.html

franandjeep192.jpg.html

Last edited:
I got the supercharger for free
AEM F/IC- 300
36# injector (got 8)- 75
had a spare harness and computer to make jumper wire
Had steel to make brackets
975k 6 rib belt( 2.5 inches longer then factory)- 20
plus a few odds and ends 50 -75

so under 500 for me

I will get a few more pics up. drove it home last night 25 miles. i need to play with the tune more

I have a waterproof box that i mounting the FIC in, just didnt install it yet. wanted to make sure everything was working well. Running 6 psi of boost right now. going to be buying a smaller pulley for the supercharger. I would like to get around 8 or 9psi. FIC was very easy to tune and get working. For the money i have into it I am very happy with it. My cherokee in on 35's with 3.88 gears and a AX-15(manual trans), and with just the 6psi it is very noticable.

what i found 98 and 99 xj had 24lb injectors so i needed bigger then that. and i would rather have to much injector and pull more injector pulse then over work a smaller injector. and if i get a different pulley and run more boost i would need bigger injectors then. Well i should say 22.8 or 23# at 49 psi in the fuel rail

Last edited:
what i found 98 and 99 xj had 24lb injectors so i needed bigger then that. and i would rather have to much injector and pull more injector pulse then over work a smaller injector. and if i get a different pulley and run more boost i would need bigger injectors then. Well i should say 22.8 or 23# at 49 psi in the fuel rail

Well, that would explain why my '98 seemed to run perfectly fine on E-21 when I experimented with a little Ethanol on the last fill up:cheers:

'96-'98 had 23.2lb/hr injectors. '99-'04 had 22.5lb/hr injectors.
Well, that would explain why my '98 seemed to run perfectly fine on E-21 when I experimented with a little Ethanol on the last fill up:cheers:
LOL. No. The PCM's programing is coded to take into account the larger injectors. Its not like they just threw larger injectors on useing the same programing form the smaller injectors.

Well have been driving the great for the past few days, adjusting the AEM everyday. Each time it runs better and better. It is a completely different jeep now. First three gears pulls very hard under boost. On the highway in 5th gear i can easier speed up for 55 to 80 with no problem. the last tank i averaged 18.7 miles to the gallon, very pleased with that. I have to clean up the harness for the MAP, IAC, and TPS that i had to lengthen to each and but the AEM in the water proof box. I also have to finish the intake tube.

Looking for a smaller pulley for the supercharger so i can get closer to 8 psi

It looks like the MAP sensor is in the stock location. Do you get a CEL with your blow thru setup?

It looks like the MAP sensor is in the stock location. Do you get a CEL with your blow thru setup?

If you look at the pictures, the baby blue throttle body has no sensors or throttle plate in it. I filled all the hole in it and trimmed it down some, it is only there to make it easier to attach something to the intake manifold. The real throttle body is bolt on before the supercharger. i had a throttle body spacer welded on to the inlet pipe of the m90 so i could bolt it on there. TPS, IAC, and MAP are all there. made a longer harness to reach them. The F/IC clamps the volts from the map to the ecm so it only sees 4.89. that is what i set it at for now. the ecm doesnt know the engine is getting boost. F/IC controls the injectors and can retard the timing.

Where do you have the MAP sensor 'plumbed' into? Why would it see boost?

Back