• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

m.o.r.e. engine mounts

...where's the popcorn....

:D

xj92 said:
You're an idiot. I posted my experience, as did you. Oh well, off to another thread without catfights.

There was some chineses bastard peddalling parts in this thread the other night, blainb's response was to him, not xj92, The mods must have deleted it and this is what whas left. I read it myself, some chinese winch supply post

bcmaxx said:
There was some chineses bastard peddalling parts in this thread the other night, blainb's response was to him, not xj92, The mods must have deleted it and this is what whas left. I read it myself, some chinese winch supply post

Yea, exactly, that's why I didn't understand what he was popping a fuse about.

Blaine B. said:

I dont know what your screen is showing but I show you quoting what he was saying about brown dog mounts.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I dont know what your screen is showing but I show you quoting what he was saying about brown dog mounts.

Everything after "Anyway..." was related to what he quoted. The first line was towards the Chinese spam post that was deleted.

Blaine B. said:

He might not have seen the spammer posts befor they were deleted. I know of them becouse I saw them so I and others that saw the spam knew what your original comment was about. So he could have misread it not knowing the true meaning behind it.
This comment I am about to make is in general and not toward anyone. If we would only take a second to actually read something and not just skim read it and ask the poster about any comment if not understood that would probably get rid of most of the childlike actions on any forum. You can all take that as you may but its as straight foward as I can say it. Again my statement is a general statement that is not meant to pick on anyone ine particular. OK I'm getting off my soap box know, hey no pushing.....:jester:

Fred said:
The Brown dog motor mounts look like Rusty's mounts. I never could get Rusty's motor mounts to fit even with grinding and cutting. As I recall I won them from the raffle at the first Forum Fest, so no great loss.

Fred

Brown Dog
A2569-0-300x199.jpg

MORE
article_28_1._Old_Stock__vs_New_MORE_Mounts.JPG

Rustys
Comparison.jpg

I have the Rustys rubber mounts as shown above and that are tri folded out of 3/16 and very beef. They do not look like Brown Dog mounts. They used the same control arm bushing as MORE and are of good quality. Mine fit excellent and I would buy them again.

Edited for a better pic of MORE mounts. The diffrence in the bushing between MORE and Rustys is that MORE attaches the spacer somehow (jb weld?) and Rustys just provides them. I used washer instead for a easier install.

Last edited:
well my mount vibes have calmed down completely after about 100 miles or so. i havent straightened out the motor yet but need to do so. currently it is still cocked to one side. what i've found is that these mounts are really nice and control the engine torque very well.

what i also noticed was that my transmission now shifts a little earlier? it won't pull the 30's that i have on there now without vibing. the jeep never used to vibe when shifting into overdrive and now it does. i checked the fluid level thinking that the level changed when it got lifted a little from the new transmission mount and enging mounts.

any thoughts on that?

I can speak well for the MORES. Have had em on for a LONG (Years) time now, and dont think about em at all. From installation to about 100 or so miles, they did feel "Stiffer" Than the OEMs. As to my opinion of Brown dogs, which I only know of from the posts here that included these words "All I had to do was some Cutting, trimming, shimming"??? WTF?:sure: I bolted my MORES in place, DONE. Poly engine/tranny mounts and the I6 dont play together well, IMHO. Been there, done that as well. The polymounts I tolerated for almost two weeks, then ripped them out and got the MORE rubbers and a nice RUBBER trannymount. PRESTONE, smoother, quieter XJ.

It is possible that the BrownDog mounts are made specifically to match up to their engine brackets.

But the trimming of the bushings on the BrownDog mounts took no time at all and they were cheaper than MORE mounts. I cannot complain.

I have Brown Dog mounts for about a year know. They're great! Vibes at first but much calmer now. At first I hated the yellow but it cool now.

Blaine B. said:
It is possible that the BrownDog mounts are made specifically to match up to their engine brackets.

But the trimming of the bushings on the BrownDog mounts took no time at all and they were cheaper than MORE mounts. I cannot complain.
I trimmed mine to fit on my '89 and '99. they are half the cost of the MORE's, and I don't mind the vibes, they are only at idle really, and you don't notice it on the highway. great on the trail too.

my brown dog mounts fit in no problem. and the paperwork they come with say in bold letters if they do not fit, dont modify them, and call brown dog.

Last edited:
Blaine B. said:

The lip of the polyurethane bushing conflicts with some OEM brackets. A small trim with a box cutter solves the conflict.

Thumpersdriver said:
I can speak well for the MORES. Have had em on for a LONG (Years) time now, and dont think about em at all. From installation to about 100 or so miles, they did feel "Stiffer" Than the OEMs. As to my opinion of Brown dogs, which I only know of from the posts here that included these words "All I had to do was some Cutting, trimming, shimming"??? WTF?:sure: I bolted my MORES in place, DONE. Poly engine/tranny mounts and the I6 dont play together well, IMHO. Been there, done that as well. The polymounts I tolerated for almost two weeks, then ripped them out and got the MORE rubbers and a nice RUBBER trannymount. PRESTONE, smoother, quieter XJ.

Brown Dog will be offering a rubber mount beginning in the last half of June.

gdl90xj...

I've had my MORE mounts in my '96 for about 5K miles and haven't really noticed any 'settling' or breaking in of my mounts at all... still notice a LOT more vibes than before, but nothing seems broke or busted... just that the mounts aren't broke and aren't obsorbing the vibes like the OE rubber mounts. I think any little thing becomes MUCH more noticeable after installing the proper (MORE, or Brown Dog) mounts. I think I may have a slighly imballanced mechanical fan or clutch and it's magnified because of the MORE mounts... I wouldn't however go back to OE/Rubber mounts. :)

A friend of mine had a nasty vib in his xj that was rpm sesitive . changed fan and fan clutch still vibs changed the water pump problem solved. seal was not leaking but the bearing was shot.

Back