• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LUVMYJP Plate Tour 2006

Re: LUVMYJP Plate Tour 2005

BCParker said:
You just ruined 5 perfectly good places in the east that the plate could have gone. Whoever gets it I think would want to take it someplace original.
Nothing ruined about it. No one has to say where they're taking it. These are suggestions chief....settle down.

BCParker said:
You just ruined 5 perfectly good places in the east that the plate could have gone. Whoever gets it I think would want to take it someplace original.

Half the fun, is having it show up in places you wouldn't expect it to be. Sometimes that place is famous/infamous, sometimes its just exotic. Gotta admit, climbing up into Abe's lap would be cool..though, the bullet holes from the guards might make it a lil hard to read... Hell, that plate's got more mileage on it than a working girl on payday, so as long as its a surprise, take it where-ever, it'll be fun.

It's even more fun when the folks that you send it to actually post up photos of the plate's adventures......prerequisite, if you ain't snappin digi-film and can't post up the photos quickly (come on folks, at least before the seasons change!!)....the plate will not be visiting your neck of the woods.

XJEEPER said:
It's even more fun when the folks that you send it to actually post up photos of the plate's adventures......prerequisite, if you ain't snappin digi-film and can't post up the photos quickly (come on folks, at least before the seasons change!!)....the plate will not be visiting your neck of the woods.

Yeah, what he said. Any pictures from last summer yet? :rattle:

JohnJohn said:
Yeah, what he said. Any pictures from last summer yet? :rattle:

Still waiting for that goofy German to throw me a bone...........

THIS JUST IN.......and in time for Christmas!! Guess I should be more careful for what I wish for.

First one to guess where this is gets an autographed photo of Twinkley kissing Rick Norman......

3458283523232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3256%3E%3B46%3E86%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323339847%3B983nu0mrj

XJEEPER said:
THIS JUST IN.......and in time for Christmas!! Guess I should be more careful for what I wish for.

First one to guess where this is gets an autographed photo of Twinkley kissing Rick Norman......

3458283523232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3256%3E%3B46%3E86%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323339847%3B983nu0mrj

Olduvai Gorge? Luis holding H. habils?

edit: embarrassing. got the name wrong.

I believe it's a holocaust memorial site, probably in Germany or Austria.

Let's try to get this back by April. I would love to take it to Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Italy and maybe France this spring.

Thanks again,

Chris

Wow Feb 05, ya were up to date

ROOK1 said:

Let's try to get this back by April. I would love to take it to Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Italy and maybe France this spring.

Thanks again,

Chris

You're on the right planet.......but not the right continent.
Your welcome.

OK. It's not the Louis Leakey statue at the Kenya Musuem.

JGwLLeakey170792.jpg

Who else would be imortalized with a hominid skull? Mary, Richard? It wouldn't be Meave. It looks like an Australopithicene, though not as gracile as afarensis. Probably africanis. Still, you'd have to be somewhere in africa I would think. It's not the Taung child so I doubt you're in South Africa: Kenya or Tanzania?

ROOK1 said:

Thanks again,

Chris

Despite the Nazi artistic license in depicting Jews, that is not a Homo sapiens skull

XJ Dreamin' said:
Despite the Nazi artistic license in depicting Jews, that is not a Homo sapiens skull

I see that now that I am more awake :speepin: and on a better monitor. I think I had some help in the fact I am planning a trip to europe and we are planning to hit a holocaust museum. I was recently looking at other statues that had the same eeire characteristics. Or it could be I am working with the same brain that was in that skull. I'll let you decide.:)

ROOK1 said:
I see that now that I am more awake :speepin: and on a better monitor. I think I had some help in the fact I am planning a trip to europe and we are planning to hit a holocaust museum. I was recently looking at other statues that had the same eeire characteristics. Or it could be I am working with the same brain that was in that skull. I'll let you decide.:)

No worries :laugh3: . It was the connection to Nazi depictions of their victims that caused your post to strike my funny bone. I recognize the skull because I am an anthropologist, but now that I've stuck my neck out and blown my own horn it's probably Hamlet contemplating poor Yoric at Stratford-upon-Avon.

XJEEPER said:
:dunce: Day/Month/Year mode? Yup.

Ya never mind... Just call me JOJO THE RETARDED CIRCUS BOY

It's OK JOJO, but I'm expecting greater things out of you in the future.....so snap out of it!

Dreamin is getting much warmer.....

34583%3A2323232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3256%3E%3B46%3E86%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323339847%3B97%3Bnu0mrj

Pretoria, RSA

Close enough I guess........the plate must be looking for it's owner, that dude in the back kind of looks like JohnJohn, eh?

Now who had that photo of Hinkley and Norman in a passionate embrace?

34583%3C3923232%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3233%3E2%3A7%3E496%3E23242%3A7587%3B46ot1lsi

Last edited:
Back