• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LUVMYJP Plate Tour 2006

Re: LVMYBRBYJP sighting

:shhh:
PritchettledgeOct04.jpg

When I'm in Moab I have my front tires at 14 and the rears at about 10..works for me anyway.

Okie Terry said:
His head is already so big that a stocking cap fits him like panty hose.
"Check out the big brain on Brad"

WayneXJ said:
When I'm in Moab I have my front tires at 14 and the rears at about 10..works for me anyway.

Tuesday is whenIi began to realize the major difference in tippyness between my old MTRS and BFG MTkms. I used to be able to run MTRs that low, but as you can see from this picture BFGs don't work well at 12psi.
199899908VaLEpR_ph.jpg

Beezil said:
jeeper, i will give you 25 bucks for the plate.

thats many times more than its scrap value, which is a generous offer.

Thanks XJeeper, I added it to one of the hoppers.

I'm hoping for a big check from my recycler.

you are intitled to half.

img_4399.jpg

sweet.....big $ for sure.....i'm making up my wish list right now

JohnJohn said:
you two need to take your PhotoShop talents elsewhere, like fark.com.

I assure you.....its no photoshop. I can prove it.

the plate is in chicago now.

tomorrow it will be in michigan, no lie.

where will that plate end up next?

anyone's guess.

Beezil said:

anyone's guess.

I'll belive it when I see it on a webcam.

If the above is true, I sure want it's pitcure taken with as many landmarks as possible! No I won't beleive that the guy on top of the World Trade Center with the plane in the background is/was holding it.

Please email all the pictures of it's tour.

careful what you wish for JJ, you're under estimating the resourcefulness at hand..........this operation is realtime dude, no Photoshop allowed.

kid4lyf said:
Getting some movement in your rear will help the tippyness. One problem you have is that your suspension is way uneven. Your front is very flexy and the rear is way too stiff. When your rear is on uneven ground, your stiff rear suspension translates that ground angle directly to the body. Basically, the roof of your XJ is the same level as the ground. Softer rear springs would allow the suspension to soak up some of that angle.
I agree! I just took off a set of Big Off road springs(they were broke...it was my fault) and put a set of home made flat super soft flexy springs back on and holy cow the stability came back ten fold!

Re: LVMYJP Plate Tour 2004

...she's mighty stable, parked in the carport with the winders masked off, eh?

XJEEPER said:
...she's mighty stable, parked in the carport with the winders masked off, eh?
no man! Shes back on the road. Drove her to work twice this week! Now if someone would just go wheeling with me I would be set.

I'm sure something on it will be too jacked to drive it by our next IC run.....Nov 20th, Little Sahara dunes.........

XJEEPER said:
I'm sure something on it will be too jacked to drive it by our next IC run.....Nov 20th, Little Sahara dunes.........
How close is that to Thanksgiving? A few of us are heading to Moab for the holidays. Now that I have weekends off though I can start heading to more meetings and a few of the runs. Being gone on the weekends really bites when it comes to wheeling.

kid4lyf said:
Getting some movement in your rear will help the tippyness. One problem you have is that your suspension is way uneven. Your front is very flexy and the rear is way too stiff. When your rear is on uneven ground, your stiff rear suspension translates that ground angle directly to the body. Basically, the roof of your XJ is the same level as the ground. Softer rear springs would allow the suspension to soak up some of that angle.

Brad,
I must admit I am beginning to see a faint light at the end of your tunnel here. I tell cutomers all the time it take a few good trips to break in the leaf packs. I should be more patent and use some of my own advice. Moab was the first trip out for this rig and leafs. Your right about a little more rear flex, these leafs will provide that in time, along with a wider stance from some different rims and maybe some MTRs.

Thanks

Beezil said:

anyone's guess.

It'll look real nice in the garage of my new house.

Back