• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lucas oil....

RyanM said:
This is probably all you thought about at work.

Gotta go home n get on the internet to see what Ryan typed today!

PEACE
Actualy i wanted to read about some d44 axels fell back on this thread. No, I'm in the process of building a 406 sbc stroker for a friend, so I had my mind on other things.

Haha, dude your the one getting worked up over this. Coming on here posting 5 straight paragraphs.

Lucas may help save an already downward spiraling engine, ok I'll agree.

Mr Oil Expert/big mouth? Sure you work and don't attend a highschool.

Sorry I get on your nerves mr. braski, you know more than me.

RyanM said:
Haha, dude your the one getting worked up over this. Coming on here posting 5 straight paragraphs.

Lucas may help save an already downward spiraling engine, ok I'll agree.

Mr Oil Expert/big mouth? Sure you work and don't attend a highschool.

Sorry I get on your nerves mr. braski, you know more than me.
I'm not trying to get personal, but you said that it was BS what I posted about using lucas in badly worn motors. Glad to see you agree now.

Only to make this stop- I want first hand Info like you man! You bitching at me about it......so......can I not call out BS. Seems like it ruined your day. Hope you get laid tonight :wave:

well, that got out of hand quick....

I will be honest, I have never seen anyone run more than 20% system capacity, I I thought the bottle only had 20% and 40% on it. Maybe you have a different one than me. I think the last time I used it was a solid year ago. And I only used 1 qt in 6. Next time I am at work Ill look at the bottle.

BillBraski said:
Oh and another thing. If Lucas lubricants are soooo bad for engines, why are they a very well respected name in motor sports? I wonder how you will dance around that.

Any giant marketing budget will produce the same results as Lucas in motorsports. It is called sponsorship. Run my oil additive stickers on the side of your car and when you win I will pay you for the advertising regardless of whether or not the product is in the car. BTW, Not saying it is bad, just not neccessary in a good quality oil.

It's not oil, it's an oil stabilizer. My old Cadillac has worn rings that let oil into the combustion chamber, but with the Lucas there is enough thickness that the oil won't seep in there so easily giving me better compression and stopping the consumption problem. Meanwhile my old Jeep has a valve train that sounds like a bowling alley, but a little bit of Lucas keeps them from being slammed apart. These are both good applications of helper technology that keep the engines performing well until I can get them replaced or rebuilt.

Nobody should put the stuff into a finely tuned, well running engine, that's just stupid. But saying that the stuff is trash and should not ever be used is just as stupid, and considering the fact that people who have used the stuff have gotten good results from it well it's like some kind of clinical denial case study at best. Now rant more little fella.

wolfpackjeeper said:
I love how this thread started with a question that mainly involved seafoam...

Heheheh...... you think I should add to this, the whole "Fram oil filters are crap" thing??? :D :roll: :laugh2: :laugh:

:jester:

yea, either that or I could start talking about how my D35 has stood up to 33's and a stroker motor for almost a year now, without any whine or bad noises. Still drives better than stock too.

that aught to get them going. ...

jjmat3 said:
Any giant marketing budget will produce the same results as Lucas in motorsports. It is called sponsorship. Run my oil additive stickers on the side of your car and when you win I will pay you for the advertising regardless of whether or not the product is in the car. BTW, Not saying it is bad, just not neccessary in a good quality oil.

Agreed. But, you can use the highest end oil you can find, and Lucas will do better in worn engines. Thats it for me on this thread!:yelclap:

ehall said:
Nobody should put the stuff into a finely tuned, well running engine, that's just stupid. But saying that the stuff is trash and should not ever be used is just as stupid, and considering the fact that people who have used the stuff have gotten good results from it well it's like some kind of clinical denial case study at best. Now rant more little fella.

That should be the shot in the head this thread needs. Good post.:cheers:

Not sure who or where Bob The Oil Guy is from.

Lucas said they weren't sure either, although he was suspected of being from a rival oil company to Lucas....

So perhaps that would "denoate" his hatred of Lucas......in favor of other companies (perhaps the one he works for!)

He bashes oil filters too, not just oils :)

wolfpackjeeper said:
yea, either that or I could start talking about how my D35 has stood up to 33's and a stroker motor for almost a year now, without any whine or bad noises. Still drives better than stock too.

that aught to get them going. ...

Heh, I know a guy with a D35....full time locker.....AND 35's!! Not broken and he's had his 35's for just under a year so far.

I like that baked potato soup from Tony Roma's....anyone else?

I've used Lucas oil stabilizer. never noticed a difference in anything.

used Lucas injector cleaner and love it...

dad has used lucas for years in his diffs, loves it...

and sure, i wonder who bob the oil guy might be....its entirely possible he rigged that experiment - i guess you just have to wonder why...?

EDIT - the thing that stopped me from continuing to use it is the fact that it has zero ZDDP in it...

Back