• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lowering xj by removing leaf spring?

Kraylen

NAXJA Forum User
Saw a thread where a guy lowered his xj by 2 inches by removing a leaf spring but he didn't say exactly what. Anyone with a lowered xj got any tips for the rear?

Thanks and flame on.

Enlighten me Mr. Blenny.

I got the front dropped right now so I'm raking pretty hard. I'm eager to even it out but didn't want to make a hasty bad decision.

9e4urude.jpg

It did fine on the street, but wheeling with a heavy foot

Hmmmmm... i guess there is only one way to find out since this is sick a rare thing to do. Hopefully someone can chime in. The goal is not to break or ruin things now or later however I know there are too many variables to be 100% in a situation such as this.

if you had some sort of traction bar or ladder bar then it might be ok, if not you can expect axle wrap, id go like the petty cash jepp and do lift springs then go spring under

if you had some sort of traction bar or ladder bar then it might be ok, if not you can expect axle wrap, I'd go like the Petty Cash Jeep and do lift springs then go spring under
FWIW, we have not had axle wrap issues with our spring under set-up; as Rob points out, I'm sure you would if you just removed a leaf. By the time you built a traction bar, you probably wouldn't be any time ahead on doing a SUA conversion.

-Matt

Back