• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lower control arm mount

reddragon72

NAXJA Forum User
ok so it has come time to get the axle LCAM fixed on the drivers side. My LCAM on the axle was folded over when I fell into a hole(not going into details now) it is fine for a DD, but off roading is not happening as it might rip the welds. I need to see if there is shop in the north/northwest houston area that can cut the old one off and weld on HD mounts, that I will order. Anyone know of a shop that can do this good, and cheap or at least good cause I don't want the welds breaking when I'm wheeling...

thanks

Everyone on COR says to go to this guy:

Javier's Autos Unlimited
9443 Clay Road, Houston, TX 77080
(713) 461-5595

Strongwind even had a D44 out of a XJ converted to fit his YJ there... and has had not problems at all.

does anyone have pics of the mounts at the back of the shaft? and wouldn't that put the upper and lower arms to close together... remember this is a DD and my weekend wheeler so it has to something suitable for both.

median I saw that over there, I might call him up and see how much to fab some instead of spending 40 online to buy them. also do you goto any of the meetings? I was thinking of heading there tonight just to say hi to all the guys, haven't seen them in over two years...

Something else to consider. When you fix this, weld a plate across the open space in front of the LCAM to box it in.

median I saw that over there, I might call him up and see how much to fab some instead of spending 40 online to buy them. also do you goto any of the meetings? I was thinking of heading there tonight just to say hi to all the guys, haven't seen them in over two years...

No, not really. That club has changed like I have said. Any of the newer people won't even say "HI" to you unless you have more in your jeep than you paid for it. They have become the Rubi or better club to me... and alot of the older members think the same thing.

Flores I was not going to correct him.. I have been letting it slide. Me and dragon go WAY back.

I had 4 wheel parts on westheimer and Eldridge do mine. They did a great job. They removed the bent LCA mount and welded the new one I supplied them from Rubicon express. The weld bead looked awsome. They even painted it. Total cost was $40 bucks for the bracket from Rubicon express and $100 for the labor and $12 for shop supplies. Total $162 done.

4WP... grrrrr

And Krypto where have you been hiding?

yea it seems that I am letting my spell checker catch to many words :) sorry about that midian!

ok and the 4wheel shop on 1960

and I almost went to the COR meeting tonight, but have decided to go snag up some margarita's instead!!!!

Back