• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

low gas, engine stall

cherogeek

NAXJA Forum User
when Im down to a little less than 1/4 tank, the engine stalls if I use heavy throttle on take off. Does anyone else have this problem?

cherogeek said:
maybe the gas gets sloshed away from the spicket

maybe the factory guage isnt exactly correct. mine when i get down to low(after the light has been on for a couple days) hand right on the E will do the same thing.. i know if i keep pushing it i will end up walking... but anyways....

What year? If it's a 97 (I think) or later the fuel filter in the tank around the pump may be clogged. Another symptom is when your turning left.

JoBo

cherogeek said:
when Im down to a little less than 1/4 tank, the engine stalls if I use heavy throttle on take off. Does anyone else have this problem?

Everyone with a 97+. Thanks to DC for some fine engineering.

JoBo said:
What year? If it's a 97 (I think) or later the fuel filter in the tank around the pump may be clogged. Another symptom is when your turning left.

JoBo

Same deal on mine. had to make a quick pull off one day out into the intersection, happened to be turning left, with about 1/4 a tank left. Got halfway into the intersection and complete loss of power. Then as fast as it lost power, it came back, and shot me through the intersection....but of course, not before I scared the crap out of that mom in the mommy van....lol.

Back