• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LOUD POP coming from the suspension/steering...

sgt_ic3m4n

NAXJA Forum User
:explosion

I have a LOUD POP coming from the steering/suspension when I'm accelerating and turning at the same time. This happens when turning either direction and slow or fast acceleration. I just spent 150 bucks on ball joints and replaced all of them, thinking this was the problem. Low and behold! It's still there. Any ideas???? HELP!

NAXJA :repair: NAXJA

Have you checked these?
- Trackbar and frame bracket bolts
- Steering box bolts - also look for cracks in the uni-frame around those bolts
- Control arm bolts & bushings

Just put a R.E. Lift kit on the thing and the trackbar was re-located but it has a new nut a bolt in it which are both fine. the steering box was inspected when I changed the position of the pitman arm on the pump to RE-center my steering wheel after the lift. The Upper control arms are stock but the nuts and bolts and bushings are fine. The lower control arms are brand new with the kit and all nuts bolts and bushings are fine.

Are one of your coils sliding around? Shocks not tight enough and are sliding around? Lots of things to check.

Kim.

happened to me when my sway bar connect broke... when i turned it would pop in and out of the sway bar ... that is if you even still have yours connected... if so its a cheap fix

Back