• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loss of a friend

Im really sorry for your loss. You, your friends and his family are all in my prayers.

sorry to hear about your friend. Don't beat yourself up too bad, when it's someone's time it's someone's time. Congestive Heart Failure isn't an acute disease, it takes years and years for it to progress and do its damage. Your friend probably had a history of issues due to his age and weight (lifestyle?) and things like this just happen. Death is a part of life and rarely pleasant.

Hey Jason, sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. I know you said it's starting to sink in that no matter what you did, he probably wasn't going to make it and you're right. I am a doctor, and I've seen it too many times. unless you are IN the hospital while you're having a heart attack your chances are slim... and even then they're not very good. Even the extra half hour would most likely not have made a difference in his outcome. Again, I'm sorry you had to go through this (and for his family as well).

On a side note, I ended up getting the same bike from a guy in San Diego.

Back