• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looks like I'll be leaving you guys for awhile

decided to stay. the current job offered me too much $ to leave.
and yes, I am looking for a C6 so I can put an APS twin turbo on it.

Last edited:
Did you ever post up pictures of it all done? I don't remember ever noticing that it was finished

No, probably not. wasn't a ton of interest around here. Troy saw it when it was still rough but driveable.
It went to a kid in FOCO that loves it so it's all good. A TT C6 should pull 600hp on stock internals so I'll drown my sorrow in burnt rubber.
I need help :(

"it was still rough but driveable."

"I need help"

Truer words never spoken.......... :D

But it did look like it would have been fun to bash around in. That generation of Datsun really do look like a "mini me" version of the previous generation Corvette.

And yeah, that APS TT system is fawkin' crazy..... :thumbup:

Truer words never spoken.......... :D

But it did look like it would have been fun to bash around in. That generation of Datsun really do look like a "mini me" version of the previous generation Corvette.

And yeah, that APS TT system is fawkin' crazy..... :thumbup:

Actually they admitted to biting the style of the FD RX7 when they designed the C5.

the APS is bonkers, 600 on stock internals seems to be common, build the motor and the skys kind of the limit. INSTANT boost too it looks like.
The STS for the C6 is just as costly as the APS so uh, I'll pass on that. Some guy reported an install time of 100 hrs on the APS though. YIKES.

Some guy reported an install time of 100 hrs on the APS though. YIKES.

So with the pattern you seem to be plagued with when building cars...... you're looking at 400+ hrs install time with 4-7 trips to the dealership for small stupid parts, and maybe a couple times mailing your ECU to have it flashed, then re-flashed, and then putting it on jackstands to let it spin the drivetrain looking for mystery noises.........

:D

So with the pattern you seem to be plagued with when building cars...... you're looking at 400+ hrs install time with 4-7 trips to the dealership for small stupid parts, and maybe a couple times mailing your ECU to have it flashed, then re-flashed, and then putting it on jackstands to let it spin the drivetrain looking for mystery noises.........

:D

Differences this time being:
1) I'll buy a quality product
2) I'll pay someone that knows WTF they're doing to tune it

then I'll get sick of it 3 months later and sell it anyway.

then I'll get sick of it 3 months later and sell it anyway.

............... I was waiting for you to say it.......... :roflmao:

it's... what I do. it's called car ADD.

Meh...... car ADD, car SUBTRACT....... not too bad a problem.......

I have car MULTIPLICATION with an occasional side effect of DIVISION....... :D

Meh...... car ADD, car SUBTRACT....... not too bad a problem.......

I have car MULTIPLICATION with an occasional side effect of DIVISION....... :D

Dude, cars are the LEAST of your malfunctions. :laugh2:

I found a used/new in box APS TT kit with the 3" exhaust and cats for less than the cost of a new APS kit. HAH!

Back