• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for some input.

Victor S.

NAXJA Member
I'm getting ready to lift my XJ. Here's where I need some input. I have a new set of 3.5" leafs. I bought a 4.5" lift. Can I Take the add-a-leaf for the 4.5" and Place it in the 3.5 and will it give me the 4.5"or not.
My springs are shot so I had found a set of 3.5. They son wanted a 4.5 so he bought that. Thanks for the advice. Victor

I would probably run like a 2.5in leaf with a relocation baracket and longer shackle to achieve 4.5in of lift with the correct shackle angle. If you slap a 4.5in leaf in it your shackle angle is going to be close to 90 degrees and will ride and articulate like crap. I have some relocation brackets for sale in the parts classified if you are interested I'll make you a deal. 3.5in with the brackets and a 1.5 in or 2in lift shackle should get you where you want to be.

My black xj is at 4.5 lift using 3.5 RE springs with 1.5 shackles and shackle relocation brackets.

My advice to you is to get rid of the 4.5 springs and keep the 3.5 springs and add extended shackles & relocations. The ride quality will be better and you can flex better too.

The whole thing is I have a new set of 3.5 Leafs. The lift my son bought was a zone 4.5 that came with an add-a-leaf. not leafs and 2in shackles. The reason for my question is with new 4.5 front springs and new 3.5 leafs the ride height will be off.

The whole thing is I have a new set of 3.5 Leafs. The lift my son bought was a zone 4.5 that came with an add-a-leaf. not leafs and 2in shackles. The reason for my question is with new 4.5 front springs and new 3.5 leafs the ride height will be off.

Just come look at my Jeep...

I have 4.5” coils in front and 3.5” leafs in the back. Along with 1.5” shackles.

As for your son’s Jeep. Y’all already have 4.5 zone coils.. use that with the 3.5 leafs you bought. And just add the shackles. You can install shackle relocation brackets later when you have the money or time.

Not if you add a shackle relocation brackets and a longer shackle. The bracket will add lift and correct your shackle angle at the same time.

Back