• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for an XJ Dana 44...

ECKSJAY said:
Of course it is. I knew you couldn't read this without replying. Should give you something else to gossip about. party1:

Congrats, you're the subject of my 1000th post. ;)

for 1001, enlighten us and tell us what you've decided to go with...

i want a ford 8.8 for 300, to bad i cant afford to swap in 4.56's since that is what i have inmy 30 and 35 combo.
DO u whave to weld on spring perches on those axles cuz i thought they were leaf sprung?

They are leaf spring, but they're spring under and ours are spring over. That and the spacing is different, shock mounts are different, etc. I'd sell you my 8.8 ready to bolt in for $1,500, Then I'd just build another with 4.88's :)

dellstopjeep said:
i want a ford 8.8 for 300, to bad i cant afford to swap in 4.56's since that is what i have inmy 30 and 35 combo.
DO u whave to weld on spring perches on those axles cuz i thought they were leaf sprung?

ECKSJAY said:
Should give you something else to gossip about. party1:

SOMETHING to talk about? How about you underestimate yourself....it'll be the only thing we talk about. :gag:

FWIW, keeping your 29 spline 8.25 makes sense. It's pretty strong and in the Northwest we don't abuse them like those that need stronger units.

29 spline 8.25, Detroit locker, ZJ disc's, and 35' MTR's, thats what'll be sitting under the rig soon. For the way I wheel, I dont see the need to get anything bigger.

John90XJ said:
SOMETHING to talk about? How about you underestimate yourself....it'll be the only thing we talk about. :gag:

Wha??? :weird:

FWIW, keeping your 29 spline 8.25 makes sense. It's pretty strong and in the Northwest we don't abuse them like those that need stronger units.

Sure is. Haven't heard of anyone breaking one who didn't deserve it. I was blindsided by gear ratio options and was weighing what I wanted to do. Decided a 4.88 R&P wouldn't work (looked at the D30 pinion the other day....yeeeesh) for me since 35s will put a lot of stress on that stuff. Just going to run 33" Swampers until I'm able to get out of state more. It's hard watching everyone else getting invitations out to Avalanche and 21 Road. ;) Ah well, 60's will have to wait for a while...

railroadjeep said:
29 spline 8.25, Detroit locker, ZJ disc's, and 35' MTR's, thats what'll be sitting under the rig soon. For the way I wheel, I dont see the need to get anything bigger.

and you need to upgrade your LA's, you pussy lol

brandon

shimmy said:
and you need to upgrade your LA's, you pussy lol

brandon

Whatd'ya mean? I like wondering about them as I'm driving down the road at 70 MPH?! :laugh3:

Back