• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a temp solution getting in and out of heep

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
So My wife has a belly full of twins, shes driving ,my jeep as i'm trying to sell her car here at the dealership, and we are looking for a temporary solution to help her get in and out of my jeep, it has aj's super rails, so anyone have any suggestions?, its a ways up for her and shes short.like a stirrup lol

A guy I used to know with a big lifted jeep had a hernia operation. He got a milk crate and snapped a dog leash to it. He could step on the crate, then pull up on the leash, bring the milk crate in with him and off he would go. Worked great.

awesome! I think we will try the milk crate idea and leash! Thanks for the fast ideas

awesome! I think we will try the milk crate idea and leash! Thanks for the fast ideas

Be careful though, if she slips on that crate it can't be good for the babies. Maybe something with a wider base. I don't know how she is fitting in a XJ with a full belly. My wife couldn't when she was pregnant.

milk crates tend to fail too. I've gone through one when i was only about 155lbs. not sure how much extra weight twins add.

Mom's got really bad legs and about a year or so ago Dad had to make a platform for her to get jnto their Town and Country (needless to say, she's got no chance in hell getting into my XJ, and not much better for the 200 or my Sister's Charger.) She's gotten pretty heavy because of those problems a d it's held her easily. The way he's built it, I wouldn't be surprised if the XJ, 200, or Charger could be driven over it without breaking it! Dad also mixed sand into the paint he put on it for extra grip. If you guys want I can shoot a few pics of it on Saturday next to their T&C and my XJ too.

Mom's got really bad legs and about a year or so ago Dad had to make a platform for her to get jnto their Town and Country (needless to say, she's got no chance in hell getting into my XJ, and not much better for the 200 or my Sister's Charger.) She's gotten pretty heavy because of those problems a d it's held her easily. The way he's built it, I wouldn't be surprised if the XJ, 200, or Charger could be driven over it without breaking it! Dad also mixed sand into the paint he put on it for extra grip. If you guys want I can shoot a few pics of it on Saturday next to their T&C and my XJ too.

That would work if you have someone move the platform for you but this lady is most likely by herself and running errands and such. She needs something she can raise and lower herself to step down on.

There has to be a lightweight but strong solution to this problem

Do AJ's rails have a tube you could put a rope step on?

Why not fab up a semi permanent lower step. something you can unbolt for wheeling but usable on the street. Just an idea. That way it stays put and she wont have to move it.

Congrats on the twins by the way. Good Luck

Be careful though, if she slips on that crate it can't be good for the babies. Maybe something with a wider base. I don't know how she is fitting in a XJ with a full belly. My wife couldn't when she was pregnant.
HMM OK, maybe I will have to rethink things, maybe something I can attach to the out tuibe on the sliders, semi-permanently. She just fits, I have aftermatket seats with sliders mounted to power bases, so tons of adjustibility and a tilt column, so it just works!

I got one of those folding step-stools for my mother(87) to get in my XJ.Attached a piece of rope and she pulled it in after her.folded it up and it fit under the cup holder on pass side.
And it is sturdy enough for my weight......IIRC I got it at a Camping World

I use an old plastic milk crate to stand on working on my jeep. I've had it for years and years. It's never broke and I'm a good 260# I think you will be fine if you can find one.

Back