• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a clean 97-01 for my wife

green50gt

NAXJA Forum User
Finally was able to sell our Hemi Commander now looking for a clean 97-01 XJ for the wife to drive temporarily. I'd literally pee my pants for a super clean 00/01 Limited with working heated leather seats and low miles and a reasonable price - but that's a perfect world. Really though It needs to be very clean both inside and out. Im good with some miles IF the afformentioned need is met. No color preference, distance not a huge issue, small lift ok. Please PM me if you know of something that hits the criteria - make sure contact info and price is available please. If you can pass along a smoking deal I will hit you with a finders fee for your time and effort.

Thanks a lot.

I seen a 97 plus Green XJ here in Terre Haute. Looks like it has Ecco wheels and a roof basket. I can stop by tomorrow to get pics and information if you want.

I will get pictures up tonight.

2001 XJ Sport
231 transfer case (4hi and 4lo works)
4.0l inline 6
There is a bike rack on top (looks like a roof rack in dark)
ACME Hitch
Clean interior
Sony CD player (very good sounding, actually sounds like all four speakers work shockingly)
It did idle really well and heat came out nice and hot even after 10 minutes of running

The not so good
Tires will need replaced
brakes seemed rather weak, might be from sitting
there is a crack in the windshield on the passengers side
no cruise control
center console locking lid lock broke (not that big of deal)
Battery was a used battery and looks recent.

The owner is an attorney (Lou Britton) and his phone number is 812-208-0222.
His asking price is 6150, but there has been no offers on it.

Last edited:
Photos
Note: Hood was popped open by myself.
P1010586.jpg

P1010584.jpg

P1010583.jpg

P1010585.jpg

P1010587.jpg

P1010588.jpg

P1010589.jpg

P1010590.jpg

P1010591.jpg

P1010592.jpg

Oops, didn't even see the expired plates and I drove it on the road to see how it drove. I might offer him 4200 if I was going to buy it. No cruise and needs tires really detract for me. The hitch and good stereo are a plus. The 0331 head, I don't know, seems every time I log onto Jeepforum I see a thread about the 0331 head and blowing up.

6k holy crap batman! Well I appreciate the time and effort you took into checking it out thanks a lot. Yeah I agree 4k max. Good oil pressure though. I may call and make some offer in the 3's and see what happens. Thanks again!

I have a green 2000 Jeep cherokee 2.5L 5 speed manual. Has 107,xxx miles on it. Completely stock except for some newer rims and tires on it and a cd player. It is extremely reliable and I have never had any issues with it. I drive it 140 miles a day back and forth to work, have been doing it for the past 9 months, and will keep on doing it without a problem. Interior is immaculate and has a full sized spare mounted inside.
Now for the bad... I hit a patch of black ice 3 weeks ago and smashed the front, and driver side panel as well as the bumper. It does not leak anything and still drives perfectly, but it will need those parts replaced. I have already picked up all the electrical parts (flashers, headlight etc.) and plan to fix the panels as well. I would be willing to sell it for $3400 before the fix, and $4500 after the fix. Only reason I am selling is because I need to downgrade to something more fuel efficient. It currently gets 22mpg, but my bro in law is selling his civic soon and its calling my name.
For pictures please pm me your email, and I will send you as many as you want. Please feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks
Sam

Sifty thanks for the heads up on it however I'm looking something for the wife to jump right into and drive hopefully without a lot of fixing. Thanks again.

6k holy crap batman! Well I appreciate the time and effort you took into checking it out thanks a lot. Yeah I agree 4k max. Good oil pressure though. I may call and make some offer in the 3's and see what happens. Thanks again!

No problem, if you do offer, what is the worse that can happen, say no. Like I said, it would need tires and it does stop. But the stopping power doesn't seem to be the same as my 99. Don't know if it just a victim of sitting for a while or what though. Also, if you do get it, I can drive it for to Indy (just make sure you have insurance on it before I drive it though {if you don't drive down here}) for gas money to put in it and gas money for my XJ to Indy.

I have a lead on an 00 Limited in MI with 118 for 3k cash, but the dude is being way super flaky trying to work with him on it. This makes me emotional I will admit.

Back