• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking at engine options.

Trouble

NAXJA Forum User
Well just blew a head gasket or cracked head on my 2000. It's my daily driver so need a quick turn around. I don't want to tear into it just to find out it needs more parts. I'm open to suggestions.

Not a lot of option in the "it's ready right now dept." I'd go with jasper if that's really what you need to do. Haven't installed one in a while but they used to be a 3yr/100k mile warranty. Parts and labor (but labor is at national average which is like $50/hr).

I would really consider doing the headgasket, if time is a major concern...buy a head already done from vatozone. It's a weekend job then.

If you have a place to work on it, you need to throw a wrenching party. A bunch of guys that know nothing and will generally just get in the way will come over for free pizza and beer. Also, couple guys that know what they are doing and want to help will come over and you could have it done in a day.

What peter said. I'm down for drinking someone elses pizza and eating their beer.

I have a 0331 cylinder head core crack free if you need a rebuilt head.

Thanks guys for the support. I'm going to start looking at the Jeep today. Gonna be fun pulling the cage for the heater core.

Russ Thank you. Please shoot me a pm about the head. I think mines done based on all the stuff spitting out around #3 cylinder.

What's even more great was I had my car blow an engine 6 months ago. Now have 3 dead cars. The altima is going through be sold for scrap to fund the Jeep.

PM sent

Back